Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best or worst proxying of a model you have ever seen or used yourself.

The worst for me was when somebody used a spru (yes a spru with no model pieces on it) to represent an Eldar Viper. After the game started the player actual forgot it was even a vehicle in his army and it did nothing for the whole game.

The best one I have seen was a lego mini figure sat on a couple of lego bricks to represent a IG sentinal. When it dies we just broke it into little pieces on the board and made it difficult terrain.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
A pink dildo
As long as this was standing in for a slaanesh greater demon that's not a bad proxy :grin:

When i first started in the hobby i used one of these as a proxy dread:

I painted it up in UM colours and everything, but it was about 3 times the size of a dread.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Yesterday our new tyranid player was trying out a slightly larger list, we hade to trygon stand ins - half a trygon, and half a trygon (he hasnt pinned it in the middle yet)

We have also had a colinder on top of a pan as a Gargant (When Gog didn't dring his with him), grot tank blocks of wood (when testing to see if they were worth the investment) and routinely my howling banshee pretends to be a warlock (running joke, not funny unless you know all the background)

Ive never seen anything truly terrible as a stand in, apart from maybe a paint pot as a tyranid hive guard, the problem here was we also had paint pot objectives as I had left my markers at home - so for half the game the pots stayed still and did nothing.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Best a lego technic/bionicle vindicator for BA's it rocked, worst hmmm...well I try to use myself as a emperator titan all the time in 1000pt games

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pink dildo as Lash Prince.
They are both pink, they like to fuck you, and take great pleasure in it.:biggrin:
How did that even happen?

'I've left my Deamon Prince at home, does anybody have anything suitable I can use for it? Is Slaanesh if that helps'

·
Registered
300 Posts
I once saw an upside down polystyrene cup represent a greater daemon of nurgle.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Best - A person had build an Ork War Truck out of Mecharno and it looked like it could well happen.

Worst - A guy asked me if he could have his Spore Mine reposent a Tyranofex!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's now in the Asylam:laugh:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Best: a friends Carnafex (last ed codex) broke off so that only a leg was stuck to the base.

I was playing SoB and as usual having a rough time against nids, so this leg was chasing me around the table kicking my ass...1 leg!

·
Registered
375 Posts
The worst one (or possibly funniest) was my friend using hs half full Iced Cappucino to proxy a Daemon Prince. The sad part was that it was the MVP of his army during that game, it's caffeinated daemonic prowess swept through my orks with the power of red bull, coca-cola and a double chocolate chip frappucino combined. Damn Tim Hortons and their unholy iced cappucino's of doom!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
One of my mates used an upside-down tubaware container to represent a raider. Problem was, he had about 2-3 subs. So we got to witness the unholy powers of the Dark Eldar plastic vehicles.... OF DOOM!!

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
The worst:

Skulltaker as the Avatar of Khaine.

A lego Valkyrie.

Melted candlestick mycetic spores.

The Best:

A sculpted from clay Treeman.

Heavily converted BA and other SM to count as World Eaters. Including a nice dread made larger with defiler parts.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
The funniest proxy that was used against me was a mate convincing me that his hairdryer (which he had brought into the GW that day for this purpose) was his new whirlwind.

I would like to try a Lego model one time as a proxy to see how strict the manager is. (GO! GO! GO! LEGO Wraithlord!)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I once used an old style "clicker" remote with a couple metal brackets taped to it as a Dread.

This was in the Rogue Trader days...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts