Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my first metal model in the mail yesterday, and GW’s cheapness never ceases to surprises me. I got a SM Terminator Captain and that cool flag in the picture isn’t included, it didn’t even come with a blank flag to put designs on like I was expecting. So my question to you guys is what is the best way to make a flag for him?

I was thinking that maybe some of that hobby cloth that we used for crafts back in grade school as the back of the flag and then maybe design the pattern on a computer and then glue it to the cloth, but then that might look cheesy. I know there are some bitz out there but the cheapest one I’ve found is $6, and if I have to spend that much on a single part I’d rather make it my-self.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Two options: 1. Sculpt a banner out of green stuff or 2. Make one out of paper. I'd recommend the latter as it's a easier. Cut out a piece of paper twice as long as you need it to be with two tabs long enough to wrap around the cross-bar of the flag-staff. Fold over the excess length and glue it to make it double-ply, coat with PVA glue and bend to shape. Then paint and attach. You could even make your banner design on the computer and print it out if you think it'd look better than painting it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I make my banners using the plastic from blister packs. It's a lot more durable than paper. Because it's thin it can be cut easily with scissors and bends easily to give it a wavy banner look. Just remember to make the tabs long enough so that they super-glue well to the back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts