Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an Immolator from Ebay and, pretty much as in the pictures, the paint job is atrocious :)

Any suggestions on what to use to get rid of it so it can join the others in being painted to my own slightly higher standard? I considered just dropping the whole thing in industrial paint solvent but I'm not sure the plastic will handle that well... Actually, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. :headbutt:

Note, I'm preferably looking to get rid of just the paint. It's glued together pretty well, and I'm lazy.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
I have used Acetone Free nail varnish remover, but for a tank, I would reccommend a metal tub, and lots of the stuff, once its been soaked the paint comes off easy as. Just make sure its Acetone Free since if its not, then the plastic will melt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use Simple Green, Ive used brake fluid and simple green side by side and it ripped the paint off just that little better. Also i noticed the brake fluid left the plastic models feeling a little brittle. I just finished scrubbing my Blood Angels army with it. :ireful2:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Like bits n kits said, respraying would work on a tank, seeing there arnt alot of details most of the time. Otherwise, maybe a Flask of Dettol and a toothbrush/something bigger and alot of scrubbin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.