Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to know what yall think is the most efficient killing machine in our beloved Warhammer 40k. I was reading a battle report where eldar played space marines, and the eldar player kept count of how many kills his Karrandras got; why would he do this unless Karrandras had some kind of reputation as a KILLER?!
anyway, i digress; let me know what model yall think is the best killer n 40k.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you mean cost-efficient killer i'd say it'S a basilisk with indirect fire. for a mere 125 points you get a pie plate with 240" range that kills almost anything (bar termies and such) when it touches it

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Ork boy with a shoota. Well, for cost-effectiveness anyhow.

For outright killiness it's tough to beat a flyrant with 2 twin-linked devourers. Flying MC with good toughness and strength and a 2+ armor save with 12 str 5 shots rerollings hits and wounds with a BS of 4. Chews up enemy infantry and can tear apart tanks and heavily armored troops in melee with ease.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dark Eldar archon. Wounds anything on a 4+, 6 attacks on the charge. Can move + fleet + assault 12". On a raider he's there turn 1.
2+ inv save, but he tends to always go first so small threatening units like terminators tend to be cut down, and unable to effectively retaliate.

Large units when attacked properly can't get enough attacks back, lose combat, and get taken as prisoners. Can kill tanks but not superb at it.
Get's bonus victory points for running down enemy units.

My best record so far is 2 wraithlords, and 2 1/2 squads of dire avengers in a single game. He also killed 4 carnifex's, and 2 zoanthropes another game. However a carnifex is like a playtoy for a Archon. He tends to kill all but the 5 wound carnifex's on his assault before they can strike.

In any event it takes him 1 turn 2 assault phases to kill a wraithlord, carnifex, demon prince, etc.

Also one game he took 4 guard squads hostage. Which amounted too 29 troops taken hostage at 5pts each = 145pts extra he earned on top of the cost of the squads.

Also with a punisher, animus vitae, and combat drugs he can get up to S7. So a S7 power weapon, with 6 attacks re-rolling fails to hit at Initiative 7, and WS 6.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my three year old took out marneus calgar and abbadon with one hand...
only joking i reckon the vindicator, most people fear so much as well that it can cloud there whole thought process, their plans go out the window and seem to just fixate on taking it out.

·
Banned
677 Posts
I already knew my answer before I read the paragraph to the topic's title. Low and behold, it was inspired by my answer and my own battle report.

Karandras, the Shadow Hunter!
He's a murder machine...
The guy has a 2+ save, cannot be instant killed, and has 8 Str8 power fist attacks in the charge. There are definitely ways to kill him.. Lots of power weapon attacks, force weapons, etc.. But 90% or more of your army silently cries in terror of Karandras.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
A Grey Knight Grand Master is afraid of nothing. Sure he can be killed like anything else but he can potentially kill anything in the game just as easy. With enough wargear to match the 215pts of Karandras he can be far more deadly. Hes Str6 normally with just his NFW which also works as both a powerweapon and a force weapon. He has Terminator armor and can get an Icon of the Just to up his Inv to 4+. He can purchase a Daemonhammer/Thunderhammer/Chainfist if he really wants a Str8 weapon. With Sacred Incesence he will drop the Init of Chaos models by 1 making it so he can strike first against all but Slaneshi Chaos.

My standard Grey Knight GM..
NFW/Daemonhammer
Icon of the Just
Sacred Incense
Holocaust psychic power

Thats 6 attacks on the charge at Str 6 (or 8 at Init 1 or 8 at normal init versus daemons), a 2+/4+ Save, minus 1 Init for Chaos, and just incase he doesnt kill enough a Str 5 largeblast template attack at Init 1.

·
Registered
275 Posts
a space marine librarian with terminator armour, power fist, admin matle, bioniks, master crafted (both weapons) with fear of darkness and either veil of time or fury.

he has won many games by himself becasue of his 9 point power lol

btw i only use a libraian with fear and ta for cheapness but i thought why not go for the expensive oprtion lol

martin

·
Registered
151 Posts
My Lighting Clawed Khorne Lord...... hasn't been beaten in close combat, except to a Necron Lord..... stupid Warscythe

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I say Leman Russ Demolisher I mean it can have two Sponson Plasma Cannons + its Demolisher Cannon + a Hull mounted weapon Its pretty much a Power house.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
To recent date, my leman russ. Landed a pie plate on 30 nec warriors (heard it here first) and blew them all to kingdom come ::biggrin:. Earlier that game, it blew up a monolith :biggrin:. I love my russ.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Linked Fire Prisms.
Focused small blast or dispersed pie-plate... depending on what it's shooting at.
(And if you're playing Apocalypse, add a few more to get the strength D weapon :don-t_mention: and fuhgedabowdet.)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Linked Fire Prisms.
Focused small blast or dispersed pie-plate... depending on what it's shooting at.
(And if you're playing Apocalypse, add a few more to get the strength D weapon :don-t_mention: and fuhgedabowdet.)
wtf unlimted range... yeah thats right

·
Registered
33 Posts
All good killas

Cybork Warboss on bike with klaw and attack squig.

7 Str 10 attacks on charge.
6 T
4+ armour/cover sv
5+ unvul

Only 155pts

·
Registered
149 Posts
wtf unlimted range... yeah thats right
No doubt... not that it's standard range of five feet was all that shabby to begin with, eh?

The bad thing is... if you link them, you only get one shot. I was playing that formation for Lucky 13's and I whiffed until turn 3 when I demolished a building (and everything inside. :biggrin:)

·
Registered
905 Posts
lolz, i have a sm plasma gunner that hasnt died in over twenty games even tho i lost count of how many 1s i rolled with him.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts