Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the new gaurd are finally out, I'm ready for allies!
I was thinking of replacing my termie Death Star with some guard allies, that
Leaves me about 500pts
I'm not asking for the list, I'm asking where to get it

Do I use the Astra militorum codex?
Or the taros campaign V2?

I was thinking of having maybe a squad of plasma vets in a ground attack orientated flier of some sort- to zoom over the enemy heads, deploy troops to grab objectives or blast a unit I don't like the look of
Or maybe just have a vulture for solely ground attack of sorts, and have the gaurd squad as back field campers?
I'll almost certainly model them as elysians, but that means nothing rules wise...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I find it helpful to look at your army and then decide what could make it stronger. For example I like having tanks with orks because it gives them reliable mechanized pie plates to compliment they CC abilities. For space marines I'm not sure but I'd honestly consider just having lots of bodies. The reason should be obvious.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i'd go for astra militarium. brand new codex with some funny orders and vehicles (wyvern anyone??)

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I'm trying to think of a way to abuse the Tempestus formations; For instance, I'm pretty sure that I could make something pretty scary with the 4 Tauroxes rushing the field, with their Teleport Homers bringing GK terminators down on top of them. Or using them for Deathwing... It'd be a new non-bike version of an old favorite!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
With space marines, I'd be so tempted to take a Tank commander, 2 x vet squads with a missile launcher, another tank and two or three wyverns depending on what fits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts