Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequently have 2000pts tournaments at my home between 4 players, and for meals we usually have pizza lunches. Occasionally we'll go up to the local supermarket and get either a bake of some kind or a bag of sausages/bacon, but that's pretty much it (I'm not a particularly imaginative host, and I ain't got no time for cooking when there's 40k to be done). What do you tend to eat when you're doing wargaming stuff? Bugman's is pretty much burgers or pizza, so I take it that's the most common, but who knows; someone here might just value their waistline, or some other crazy concept.

Midnight

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Get a dominoes in.

I wouldnt try any fancy shit, Pizzas and Beer. We're blokes right? No one is going to judge your culinary skills.

A buffet might be ok too, you can get all kinds of decent finger food stuff from supermarkets - chicken wings, mini pancakes rolls and indian stuff.

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Pizza.
Biscuits.
Drinks (soft or alcoholic depending).
Anything from the bakery section at Sainsbury's.
Tortilla Chips.
Cake.

So pretty much what Jez said.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
When hosting games at my home, which have been RPGs not 40K, I've always used the "throw it in the oven" method and done pizza rolls, chicken wings, and pig in a blanket. I pick up beer too but everyone is open to bring what they want. I do cook for myself & wife and small get togethers, but, when theres gaming involved my approach is "fuck all, the game comes first."

·
Registered
202 Posts
We tend to have gaming weekends so when hosting normally we will have a take away one night and I'll cook the other night. I try and do something I can prep in one go and leave in the oven or on the hob. So casseroles/stews or roasts are normally easy to do and a bit healthier than pizza's for at least the one meal!!

·
Grand Master
87 Posts
Assorted hors d'oeuvres or pizza. If I'm ambitious take a meal break and cook up pancakes/eggs/sausage/bacon.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
ever thought of Subway?
This could be a good idea for those weight concermed people you mentioned. Personally i usually have hot chips (just up the road from where we play) or KFC (also up the road) the game day for me is already a waated day so may as well not waste tume on cooking food

·
Registered
343 Posts
As an Imperial guard general I like to play the part, so I start with an Aperitif, followed by a six course feast including quail's scotched eggs, caviar and the finest rustic bread flown in fresh from the south of france, then a sorbet for a palet cleanser followed by wild wood pigeon in a truffle sauce, sorbet again, then there's the fish course, usually hand caught trout or salmon from the scottish highlands, sorbet, then a full spit roast wild boar caught by the groundsman on my estate, another sorbet, fillet mignion cut from cows that have been hand reared on only the finest totally organic oats on the plains of tibet, sorbet, a wide selection of the world's finest deserts, finishing with coffee made from beans collected by a tribe of wild men out in the jungles of south america, cheeses (150 varieties) and a glass of port from a bottle recovered from the wreck of the Titanic.

I mean, really, anything less and your avarage guadsman will start to question one's ability to command!

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
I frequently have 2000pts tournaments at my home between 4 players, and for meals we usually have pizza lunches. Occasionally we'll go up to the local supermarket and get either a bake of some kind or a bag of sausages/bacon, but that's pretty much it (I'm not a particularly imaginative host, and I ain't got no time for cooking when there's 40k to be done). What do you tend to eat when you're doing wargaming stuff? Bugman's is pretty much burgers or pizza, so I take it that's the most common, but who knows; someone here might just value their waistline, or some other crazy concept.

Midnight
Depending on where you live if you want really awesome food you cannot go wrong with Indian food and most run buffets. I do not play the board game but I have ordered Indian food during LAN parties. There is always something for everyone if you go with the full spectrum. It usually costs me between 100 and 180 dollars.

The most prevalent seems to be Punjabi and southern is spicier than northern.

I found this while looking up the differences it is rather long so I put it behind spoiler tags.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
being a chef I sometimes will go all fancy on my friends and do beef wellington, bacon wrapped dates, bacon wrapped shrimps on a skewer, stuffed calamari or a nice salmon with some tomato caviar but that is only once in a while usually pizza and beer. This is wargaming not the food festival

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Subway.

It's the nearest thing to the LGS.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Wow so many carbs !

I'm guessing suggesting protein shakes and celery sticks isn't going to get popular appeal?

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Doritos and vodka. Anything fancier requires driving, which typically means preplanning so the driving gets done BEFORE the vodka. Usually. :)

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
If it's appropriate for a football party, it's appropriate for a wargaming party. I've done anything from pizza to home made jalapeno poppers, mini tacos, etc haha

But beer is a MUST

·
Registered
480 Posts
Tikka Masala and Pabst Blue Ribbon. A staple of Beerhammer nights in my War Room. Im practically Dave Lister.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts