Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna have a fight agaisnt a tyranid army soon so any tips you guys and girls could share with me on how to beat them with my chaos army?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really depends on the army type. Is it horde, Nidzilla, balanced? That will be a big factor
It is a Horde that i will be facing form what i know and he has excessive amount of troops it will be a bloody one

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you playing Chaos Daemons or Chaos Space Marines?
With Daemons, fighting a horde, I would take plenty of Slaanesh guys for all their attacks
With CSM, I would take Khorne for similar reasons

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
yea go noise marines with a blastmaster and 9 sonic blasters. also this is what i did to take out the bulk of the army i take 3 chosen squads 5 man with 5 flamers. 15 flamers i took out like 20 genestellers and a brutelord with all shots. whats n ice about it is your troops can have small purposes like just shooting big stuff like the hive tyrant, carnifexes anything big and whats nice is that the monserous creatures have no invuls.

·
Registered
644 Posts
A Slaanesh-themed army is definitely the way to go. Noise Marines pack the most punch in terms of shots, and can also follow up in Assault since they don't have to worry about Rapid Fire. Alternatively, you could use Havocs with 4 Heavy Bolters, but that doesn't merit as many shots as stationary Noise Marines.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't like flamers against hoards as if they're close anough for the flamers to be effective then your screwed in their next turn.

My advice would be to use lash to keep them away from you and clump them together for demolisher rounds/obliterators/missile launcher havocs to thin out before YOU charge them with khorne bezerkers to take advantage of their high number of attacks and strength.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Smash him with many flamers from chosen squads (5 flamer squads are so darned CHEAP too! 115 pts for 5 templates of roasting goodness is damn good.

the next thing to do would bring enough troops to keep the others at bay (cus once your chosen get stuck in they cant flame anything) sonic weaponry works wonders. Hell, use a doomsiren (super powered flamer of death, even kills those ymgarl gene sneakers easy!)

and finally for heavy support, oblits can be a powerful option being able to roast big bugs and little ones with ease, but for 155 points you can bring 5 men carrying FOUR missile launchers.
that means you could bring 3 sets of them for very little points, thats 12 frag, OR krak missiles at your disposal! The best part is, most of his MC's cant defend against the kraks Ap (they need the expensive 2+ armor save upgrade just to survive) and these missiles will instagib any zoanthropes he decides to bring.

if you run out of big stuff to shoot, pile on the blast templates with frag missiles!

re-cap
Flamers and frag missiles for the little ones.
krak's for the big guys (12 kraks could possibly down a tyrant on the first volly (if your lucky you would still have 4 shots left!)
sonic weaponry to pepper him to oblivion
and lots troops to keep your stuff safe.

good hunting

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
what ever you do do not take heavy support tanks no vindicators, preds or defilers. because they will make it their mission to kill those things with genestellers. take flammers with lash you are in ultimate control on how close something gets to you so you dont have toworry about you flammers getting scrwed because of range and not shooting because a enemy unit isnt going to be able to just run up on you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts