Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well I cant really say as i do collect everything for Sbg. As i have been using Dwarves quite alot recently, i suppose i prefere small elite units. I also like gondor and prefere to use the standard men back up by fountain guard.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Uruk-Hai Berserkers are some of the best close combat fighters you can get. High strength and courage and their defence is okay too.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
SBG WISE:
I assume we aren't including heroes?, otherwise aragorn with anduril wins easily with his ability to look at an entire army across the board and for it all to die instantly.

I've never really relied on anything individually, as luck is just a huge factor, I've seen a single warrior of minas tirith defeat 3 berserkers in combat and then kill one of them, doesn't make him reliable though.

WOTR WISE:
trolls, I love my trolls, they always reliably do allot of damage before dying, or just draw allot of attention away from my 6 companies of morannons to get in combat.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Dwarves are just a pain in the arse so hard to shift and can just lock you in combat for ages. They really really dont die

However if im thinking about doing damage then beserkers are just most definitely the way to go.

Those things are nasty

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
True Stella, luck is a massive part in this game. It always has been and always will.

And if we are including bigger things aswell then, I would second Trolls. They are brilliant, I've had a lot of luck with Isengard Trolls previously (SBG). They are well worth their points.

·
Registered
51 Posts
SBG: I had an army that had khazad guard supporte by allied rangers with spears. the group could shoot and attack with 2 F4 S4 attacks and were D7 (the rangers may be able to shoot and use their spears in combat but i never found a rule saying one way or the other, i decided not to when i saw the look on my opponents face), true if the dwarf died the ranger's in trouble but i've grinded uruk-hai into the dust with formations like this, and if you can beat uruk-hai head on you can take anything on.

WOTR: I haven't played many wotr matches but a few things did look pretty nasty, Khazad guard are once again very dangerous particularly if they have some hero with epic rampage (the one where if you inflict a would you roll another dice). that can just mow down so many models its funny (if you're the dwarf player that is). But don't forget cavalry, Rohan can move shoot and charge which is nasty and dol amroth get lances and unstoppable charges on a 4 or more rather then a 6.

Personally i like khamul, i'm testing an army where i attach him to a huge group of goblins and rush to their strongest unit, the quicker my cheep-o goblins die the quicker his uber expensive unit dies, then khamul flees when the unit's about to die and continue the scheeming.

Or dragons, dragons are good.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Running an Elephant at them tends to work I dont play Easterlings im Gondor I just figured it out the hard way....:headbutt:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts