Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a small Korne Berzerker army and was curious as to what the general consensus is as to who is the best "straight up assualt/close combat" army is between the Space Marine and Chaos Space Marine chapters game wise (if there is any).

If I was a betting man I would have to say its between KBerzerkers and BAngels at the moment.

If you could please give some kind of reason as to who you say is better.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Templars are meant to be pretty good.

·
4,491 Posts
Meh, hard to say that one is necessarily better than the other.
There are so many different factors to take into account.
Better at fighting against each other? Or all races?

Looking at the potential of the codices as a whole, i would probably say Blood Angels, purely because of codex creep.
However, that doesnt mean that a Khorne list couldnt smash the hell out of a Blood Angels list.

Looking at the most popular Blood Angels list theme, it seems to be naked assault squads with no jump packs sitting in Razorbacks and shooting, rather than the DanteWing type of lists.

Something like DanteWing with Priests would make things quite hard for Berzerkers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
berzerkers! they have furious charge, in a squad of 10 man with champion, you got 41 attacks, 20 man you got 82 attacks, and about half will hit 41 and about 20 saves he has to make, average, so if he has 20 man he will fail about 8-10 of them, and i think the blood angels have about 3 attacks per model. IDK off the top of my head, but my vote is for berzerkers

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Berzerks and Space Wolves. I've seen more Space Wolves destroy Blood Angels than the other way around

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Problem with Black Temps are their outdated Storm Shields make them weak against other combat units with power anything.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ah I mistook what you said Sven I thought you were talking about TH/SS combo termies didn't see the dlc in your post...that does scare me xD

·
Registered
317 Posts
Its a pretty tough comparison. The loyal Marines don't really have anything close to the Beserkers....I'd suggest, if you had a full squad of Space Wolves, Blood Angels or Black Templars and you gave them the same wargear you give Beserkers (Close Combat Weapons and bolt pistols) Beserkers win.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Zerkers are probably in the top 2, no question about it.

A zerker army with a squad of 10 terminator champions each with dual lightning claws and the MoK is downright nasty too. That is 60 attacks on the charge that ignore armor and re-roll to wound. Very choppy-choppy! (A tad expensive at 500 point for a squad of 10, but man, they do deal death like nothing else...)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I've seen Genestealers (at 12) fake on a charge from some zerks and then bitchslap themback to the feet of their god so I would put the stealers at the same level as zerks especially because you can take more of them in a squad

1 - 15 of 15 Posts