Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Dark Eldar

Votes: 14 9.7%
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I say Chaos Lord Of Khorne + blood Feeder+ juggernaught Str 5 + Plasma Pistol thats 7 attacks on the charge + 2D6 Power weapon attacks thats up to 19!!! str5 attacks. 175pts overall.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
necron lord with warsycthe destroyer body and phase shifter

best combat weapon in the game good against infantry and tanks high enough strength do some damage and tough enough to stay in the game and with we'll be back he won'y be going anywhere for a long time.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Grey Knight Grand Master. He normally doesn't need any extra gear. :biggrin:

·
Registered
68 Posts
The New Ork Warboss on bike with Power Claw, Slugga, Attack Squig, and Cybork Body is the best anti-tank character in the game with 7 Strength 10 power weapon attacks on the charge. Enough strength to toss those Monoliths into the stratosphere, and enough attacks to down even the Halo Falcon. He's no slouch for servivability ether with 4+ Armour, 4+ Cover, 5+ Invulnerable, toughness 5(6) and 3 wounds. Attach 'em to a squad of nobz bikers with a dok and he gains Feel-no-pain and a bunch of other benifits. 150 points.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The biking warboss is my favorite CC HQ (warbike, attack squig, power klaw, and cybork body). T6, 7 str 10 power attacks (say goodbye to any other infantry HQ unit in the game, especially necron lord) on the charge, can stick him with biking nobs for even more insanity. The only problem is that he strikes last.

However, from a pure CC standpoint, I think the daemon prince with warptime and wings is better because he strikes in initiative order, which is a big factor for Ind. Characters who frequently get singled out and annihilated in CC. Unfortunately, while he is good in CC he usually gets shot to hell and back before he's in CC because he's a monstrous creature and therefore can't hide amongst the troops.

As awesome as the warboss is, if he gets into CC with a daemon prince, the prince has a decent shot of killing him before he gets to strike (even with FNP). He'll pretty much rape the demon sideways when his turn to strike comes, but it may not come. If both mortally wound the other (a distinct possibility), the demon will finish him off the next round.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I'll cast my vote for the Jebike Seer Council. They may not have power weapons, but they sure do a whole lot more besides. Very fast, very resilient, and with the ability to take out anything in the game with little fuss. Of course, you'll be paying out the nose points-wise, but if used well you'll not notice any discomfort.

Termie Command Squads may give this unit trouble, but I see nothing else that may.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
got to be eldar

10 warlocks + farseer all using there pyschic powers

wounding on 2s 3+ attacks each

re roll to wound re roll to hit

cant beat that i dont think

put them on bikes too

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh it has to be the inquisition the deamon hunters and their hqs! Inquisitor lord and or grey knight grand master with icon of the just is just sweet!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Single HQ IC? Probably something Chaos, not being a player of that army I couldn't give anything exact but they're always very choppy. I do love my Biker Warboss though, really impressive killing power but I1 all the time and even with T5(6) and all those saves can still be swamped to death since none of his saves are better than 4+.

Best HQ Selection? DE Wych Archite (with the usual toys)+Fully-decked Wych Retinue. Removing your extra CCW attack, cutting your WS in half, having 4+ inv saves for the entire squad (2+Inv for the Archite), I8 for the Archite and 6 for the Wyches, lots of power weapon attacks that always wound on 4+ (plus the normal wych's attacks that are a bit damp squib-like, but still plentiful), and combat drugs=death incarnate if you can get them into combat/keep them from being shot up. Plasma grenades means they always strike in I order and Haywires given them some decent tankbusting too.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'll cast my vote for the Jebike Seer Council. They may not have power weapons, but they sure do a whole lot more besides. Very fast, very resilient, and with the ability to take out anything in the game with little fuss. Of course, you'll be paying out the nose points-wise, but if used well you'll not notice any discomfort.

Termie Command Squads may give this unit trouble, but I see nothing else that may.
I'm thinking that any dedicated CC troops will rock their little space elf world. Their toughness is only 4. Pick equivalent points from any ork non-vehicle entry excepting possibly tankbustas and those troops will rock their world. Same holds true for much of the tyranid codex and CSM codex. 45 points per biker to get units that are as tough as a space marine with a 4+ invuln and lack power weapons just isn't worth it, even with fortune. What other unit can be 350 points and only have 10 attacks (14 on charge) and 7 wounds? 350 points of slugga boys is 174 attacks (232 on charge).
10:puke:...174:biggrin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wait! Inquistor lord with:

Inqusitor-45
Artifacier armour-15
Force weapon-40
Icon of the just-15
Scourging-20
=135

Retutine:
combat scrivitor*4=40
power fist + close combat weapon*4=60

acoylte*2= 16
power armou*2=20
bolt pistol*2=2

familiar *2 = 12

sage *1=10

total 295 but this retutine also gives the inquisitor
+1 ws
+1 bs also reroll a miss
+2 I
+2 extra pshychic powers if wished
and 2 wounds my be diverted off the inquisitor himself

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Don't forget the Psychic powers.... rerollable 4++ save or 3++ save for the entire squad, and Str9/2+ to wound attacks at init 5 and 6? The Seer council is not as wimpy as many would have you believe.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Nah.... Winged Tyrants get slapped to the deck and ground underfoot by Abbadon the Meanie... That was the worst thing to ever happen to my Flyrant, and it happened so easily too.:(

·
Registered
275 Posts
yer the bike council is nice.

hardest CHARACTER is proberly eldrad ulthran thought.
hardest HQ UNIT - librairan, chaplin, master in terminator armour and 10 termiantors with furious charge and 2 assault cannons all maxed out lol

P.S the warlocks can have 2 attacks each. and shoot the hell out of you all game and not even get in combat with you!!!! so ur 200+ attacks are pointless !!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
abbadon for character wise

demon prince for just a HQ choice

1 - 20 of 168 Posts