Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says it really, what do you think is the best Cavalry unit in the War of the Ring?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? :(

Contenders for me would have to be Mahud Raiders, Knights of Dol-Amroth and Morgul Knights.

Though Riders of Rohan should not be forgotten (any Rohirrim, ie. Outriders, Riders of Rohan, Eorl Riders...).

·
Registered
632 Posts
Sorry Red Corsair i dont play WoTR, personaly i cant stand it, and those wan***s Gw have made the Lotr saga look awful since the release of the WoTR.

But if i have to choose, it would be Knights of Dol Amroth, thier hitting power is awsome.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Red Corsair i dont play WoTR, personaly i cant stand it, and those wan***s Gw have made the Lotr saga look awful since the release of the WoTR.

But if i have to choose, it would be Knights of Dol Amroth, thier hitting power is awsome.
Fair enough and no worries. I don't blame you to be honest. I don't play it that much myself, I don't even own the rulebook anymore.

I just wondered was all :)

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
yeah kinda got bored of WotR myself since everyone uses mumakils and entire formations of artillery can be wiped from the board by a little wind.

although when forced to choose I'd pick basic gondor knights, not too bad pts wise, and they still hit hard enough.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Dol Amroth for me, most beautiful models, hit as hard as hell
However I own a rohirrim army and outriders are just minty as are the rohan royal guard.

As for War of the ring, I never got into it really

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot the Royal Guard but I guess they came in it where I said any Rohan Cavalry are good :p

Wargs should never be forgotten either, true enough they are possibly the weakest cavalry in the game but their are advantages to this, ie. being cheap :grin:

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
In the war of the ring, pretty much everyone has lances if i remember rightly, so i guess it becomes redundant.

It used to irritate me how a warg rider could tear apart your average rohirrim in standard considering rohirrim are meant to be the elite cavalry

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
really?, cus I counted the cavalry types in the WOTR rulebook, and only 6 have lances.
Gondor knights
Swan knights
harad cavalry
serpent riders
royal knights
and morgul knights

technically pretty much all cavalry in WOTR don't have lances

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
I stand corrected, i must have only read the royal guard part and assumed your average rohirrim have them, that does make more sense i'll admit.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My apologies Stella, like deathbringer I too stand corrected. I'll admit I didn't give much care towards War of the Ring. I played a few games and whilst it was good to start with it's novelty wore off quickly and I soon got rid of my rulebook, so I was more talking from memory and I'd obviously not read the book well enough :p

I still stick with my initial opinion though, Knights of Dol-Amroth are my favourite Cavalry in the game (SBG and WotR).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts