Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long time, I am finally buying new tyranid models for my army. MY friend convinced me to buy the new starter pack with the 6th edition rulebook if he gives half of the total cost so I get to keep the broodlord, warriors, genestealers and carnifex while he gets the marines and we share the rulebook. Just wondering what I'm going to convert the carnifex into. Any suggestions? I was thinking about either a harpy or a haruspex. Harpies look a lot better now since they're flyers but haruspexes are so damn fun and I already have one harpy and one haruspex converted to begin with. I dont need anymore exocrines/tyrannofexes so dont bother mentioning those.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
So you're not even going to consider just using an actual carnifex? That's my suggestion.

Give it a Venom Cannon and let it snipe vehicles while it runs forward. Granted it's not the same powerhouse it used to be but it can still make its mark and it's not something your opponent can afford to ignore.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Carnifex with quad devourers and adrenal glands. Could put it in a pod.

It doesn't seem right using a carnifex body for a bigger MC now the models are available. Big line of sight issues if the converted harpy is hidden behind something that wouldn't actually hide the real harpy model

If you really don't want a fex why not just sell it to someone who does?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts