Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after spending money on FW, the tail fin of my vulture is bent, is there a good way to straighten it or go I just leave it and be happy with haveing a FW model?

·
Registered
502 Posts
The heating thing does work, but make sure you take it slow.

Or else it will break, like my Land Speeder Tempest's "fin" did (managed to glue it back together)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Use hot water. Its much easier to control how hot the resin gets.

Of course, you could just ring up FW and say, 'this is distorted, send me a new one please' because they wont ask for the damaged one back and you can shove it in your bits box for some other time.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
^ What he said.

Hot water.
Immerse for around 20-30 seconds. Remove and try to straighten. If it doesn't move with light pressure, re-immerse for another 30 seconds.

Shouldn't take longer than 90 seconds.

Have straigtened Valkyrie tail booms this way, as well as large pieces (Land Raider armour).

Hair dryers tend to concentrate the heat in one area, which is not what you want.

·
Registered
502 Posts
How quick are they at shipping replacement bits? I got a Cadian Infantry Squad Upgrade pack in the post yesterday and the sword arm was missing half the sword. Sent them an email about it already.

·
Painter in training
357 Posts
Buddy of mine got a Hydra converstion from FW and had the barrels all sorts of jacked. Hot water did the trick then some pressure to straighten it out, allowed to slow cool just in case.

Hearing and seeing so much about FW resin being bent and the likes I don't think I will be ordering anything from them anytime soon.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Bends in fw resin is not really an issue. If you are going to clean them properly to remove the mould release then hot water will help that too. I had a badly bent vanquisher barrel that pulled dead straight with minimal effort. Heat with hot water, bend straight while hot and run it under the cold tap. Job done.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
How quick are they at shipping replacement bits? I got a Cadian Infantry Squad Upgrade pack in the post yesterday and the sword arm was missing half the sword. Sent them an email about it already.
depends, personally i would have called them, not had much joy with emails and forgeworld, anyway assuming they have responded it will be a case of do they have it in stock or do they need to cast it up, if its a cast up part then could be a week or two. Was it a china produced part by any chance? had several damaged items in made in china packets this year.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts