Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
I can see him pulling it off. Hopefully he's learned a bit since Daredevil. Although I'd bet a lot of what was wrong with DD was direction.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
I don't have a problem with the guy.

Still, I won't judge either way until after I've seen how this turns out. Skewed opinions like the op really don't help anything. :p

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yes, he is. And I wish people would stop freaking out about it already. Freddy Mercury hasn't risen from the grave or anything, it's just a casting decision.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Honestly this is a good casting. I liked Daredevil - Directors Cut - it's one of my favourite Marvel comic book films. He was a decent Daredevil, Daredevil is pretty much Batman Lite so yeah I think it's a solid choice.

Wish everyone would stop moaning about this.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Too late. He's reach the point where it's hip to hate him, so there's no way back now.

Even those who never saw any of his movies, and don't care about Batman, complains now. I have a few on my Facebook that fits that very description.

He's effectively the anti-Beatles; He could act worthy of an Oscar now and people would still complain over the fact that he's Batman.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Thing is with this...

Heath Ledger.

When he was announced as The Joker, the internet kicked off just the same as this with everyone saying how bad he'd be, how his previous movies were terrible.. yadda, yadda, yadda.... And yet, Heath Ledgers version of the Joker is now reguarded as the prime example of the character and how he should be, even for some people ecplising Mark Hamils Arkham portrayal of him.

Affleck... He's grown as an actor, and when he's got a decent director is actually capable of portraying a character really well... and As said, after Dare Devil he'll have probably learned not to mess it up.

A lot of the flack for Dare Devil was because of the studio screwing it up. Anyone who saw the directors cut version of it will tell you its a thousand times better.

Origionally, I was with the mob wondering how the heck Affleck would make a good Batman.. but now they more I think about it, i'm willing to give him a chance.

That said, if they don't Dark Knight Returns the story somehow and have Bat's beating the snot out of Supes... i'll be over there setting up my burning pitchfork and studio map stall.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and the big problem is?? what exactly?
Nothing, actually. I rather like Affleck. I'm also a Batman fan too. But, that doesn't stop, as I stated, my imagination from going hay wire :p
I can see him pulling it off. Hopefully he's learned a bit since Daredevil. Although I'd bet a lot of what was wrong with DD was direction.
Agreed. Apparently, this Director's Cut that I've never seen is better than the theatrical release which is the only one I ever saw. Still, doesn't save it from the fact that Colin Ferrell is in it :-(
I don't have a problem with the guy.

Still, I won't judge either way until after I've seen how this turns out. Skewed opinions like the op really don't help anything. :p
Hell's yes its skewed! But, that's par for the course! :crazy:
Yes, he is. And I wish people would stop freaking out about it already. Freddy Mercury hasn't risen from the grave or anything, it's just a casting decision.

Honestly this is a good casting. I liked Daredevil - Directors Cut - it's one of my favourite Marvel comic book films. He was a decent Daredevil, Daredevil is pretty much Batman Lite so yeah I think it's a solid choice.

Batman Lite? I wonder if you could slap that on a can and sell it? Hmm...
Too late. He's reach the point where it's hip to hate him, so there's no way back now.

Even those who never saw any of his movies, and don't care about Batman, complains now. I have a few on my Facebook that fits that very description.

He's effectively the anti-Beatles; He could act worthy of an Oscar now and people would still complain over the fact that he's Batman.
No, its hip to hate anyone, not just Affleck. But, I do like him. He's not a bad actor, I just can't see him as Batman.
At least he might talk, instead of current batmans Darth Vader impersonation

Thing is with this...

Heath Ledger.

When he was announced as The Joker, the internet kicked off just the same as this with everyone saying how bad he'd be, how his previous movies were terrible.. yadda, yadda, yadda.... And yet, Heath Ledgers version of the Joker is now reguarded as the prime example of the character and how he should be, even for some people ecplising Mark Hamils Arkham portrayal of him.

Affleck... He's grown as an actor, and when he's got a decent director is actually capable of portraying a character really well... and As said, after Dare Devil he'll have probably learned not to mess it up.

A lot of the flack for Dare Devil was because of the studio screwing it up. Anyone who saw the directors cut version of it will tell you its a thousand times better.

Origionally, I was with the mob wondering how the heck Affleck would make a good Batman.. but now they more I think about it, i'm willing to give him a chance.

That said, if they don't Dark Knight Returns the story somehow and have Bat's beating the snot out of Supes... i'll be over there setting up my burning pitchfork and studio map stall.
I'm willing to give him a chance too, but, it'll probably take until the film coming out for me to warm up to him playing the part.

Then again, he may set the standard for future Batman films, who knows.

If they get hokey and over the top with it, like the Tim Burton films, then I think these guys should be the villains.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Given that Bale is the current standard, he's a lot to live up to for many people.
Very true. I think that, for me, I'm afraid of this taking the direction that the films following Batman Returns took after Michael Keaton expressed zero interest in the Forever script due to how ridiculous it was. I like Batman and I just don't want this film to take that sort of over the top visual comic direction that Forever and Batman & Robin took.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Fortunately I don't think that they will. Given the darker route they took with MoS, and the attempts at some kind of realism despite the fantastical material, I can't see this going the terrible Clooney route.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't that route start with Kilmer? Either way, I hope its good.

Personally, I had hopes of an Azrael/Batman storyline for Dark Knight Rises when I heard Bane was in it.

·
Banned
190 Posts
I just don't see him as the Batman type.
As long as it doesn't end up like the Michael Keaten Batman. I just think Batman fans are up in arms because PB did such an awesome job.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
I rather liked Bale in Begins, but that was about it because I cared more about the Joker in Dark Knight and Rises is just meh to the extreme for me.

So with that in mind, and liking his performances as of late, I will reserve judgment until after I see how he does; will not condemn before like oh so many will.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts