Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this isn't an army list, this is a request for help. Here's what I'm hoping to do:

My current army is Thousand Sons. I have 3 squads of Rubrics, and they're my (totally underpowered, I know) troop of choice. What can I say, I'm stubborn and refuse to give up on them!

Of course, since the only troops I have require a Marked Sorcerer, that's a requirement for the army. But I also want to throw in Be'Lakor as my warlord. Especially if I use the Crimson Supplement, to give everything Fear and let Be'L feed off of it all.

Any anyone think of some other good options I could use in an army like that? A sorcerer with Divination (through the relic) seems like a great option to give me my Rubrics. I own one Heldrake, so that gives me two strong fliers (with Be'L making swoops).

What else would you throw in? Blastmaster squads maybe? Obliterators? Would you run Raptors for some CC?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Obliterators (I've seen some cool models which were Sorcerors, with the different guns being different spells they were casting), transports to get the Rubrics into midfield/put more Objective Secured down, maybe Forgefiends if you want some anti-tank that isn't Obliterators. Havocs with the Mark of Tzeentch on a Skyshield are pretty annoying to get rid of outside of massed small arms.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Any anyone think of some other good options I could use in an army like that? A sorcerer with Divination (through the relic) seems like a great option to give me my Rubrics. I own one Heldrake, so that gives me two strong fliers (with Be'L making swoops).
Be'lakor's Shrouding power makes anybody who can jink golden, since he can give them a 2+ cover save to any of them within 6". This goes especially for models with the Daemon of Tzeentch (not Mark of Tzeentch) rule, since then it's a rerollable 2+ cover save. So: allied Screamers; Lord of Change; Daemon Prince from the CSM or Daemons Codex; and the Burning Chariot, in a pinch, though then it'll be useless next turn. Non-DoT jinkers are also good: Bikers; Tzeentch Lord/Sorc on a disc; even a Heldrake, if you're gonna Vector Strike-the-fly-into-Ongoing-Reserve next turn, or something. These units can make a faaast, 2+ cover save melee assault wave that sweeps up the board (staying within 6" of Be'lakor until they break ranks for mass assaults): Lord of Change, Be'lakor, Screamers, and some (unmarked) Bikers w/ a Disc or Bike Sorc, or something. If you want to commit to an assaulty wave, that is--you also get some great Armorbane with Be'lakor and the Screamers, in that bunch, too. If you're bringing a LoC you have access to Divination, so I'd go Biomancy on that Sorc to buff the bikers with Endurance if possible, and some melee buffs. Or more telepathy for a shot at another Invisibility/Shrouding.

That's my favorite use of Be'lakor's rules, plus that one unit (possibly himself, if your opponent has a good number of cover-ignoring weapons) can get Invisibility-ified.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts