Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm playing a 6 game tourne in a fortnight 1850p. There are restrictions to keep the cheese away so my list is a little different then whats usually played. 2 games are 7 objectives, 2 are kill points and 2 are 5 objectives, so a lot of objective games hens my big troops choice and the portaglyph. A little scary in the kill points games so maybe making a bigger PB unit and adding some more offence meaning I'm relaying heavily on the portaglyph for troops. Ideas on how to make it better?

HQ
Belakor 350p
Classic DP but knows all the telepathy disciplines, shrouded, eternal warrior and some other nice stuff. Invisibility and puppetmaster will be very nice to have.

HoT, ML 3, Loc conjuration 120p
Horrors boost, one really good shooting unit w. rerolls.

HoK, jugger, exalted grimoure, Loc wrath 155p
HoK, jugger, exalted portaglyph, Loc fury 150p

Elite
5 beasts of nurgle 250p
Shrouded, fast and hard to kill.

5 Crushers, bloodhunter, 2x lesser, 250p
Invisibility from Be'lakor and the grimoure will make this unit very hard to meet and to kill.

Troops
10 Plaguebearers 90p
10 Plaguebearers 90p
10 Plaguebearers 90p
20 horrors 180p
10 horrors 90p
1820p

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Before anyone can really give you any help, what are the restrictions on the lists?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There will be few fliers max 1-2 but other then that most list are viable but they will be penalised so hard that no one will play them. So good list without the cheese. Tau, Eldar and nids will be well represented. For CD the restrictions are max. one SG, one unique FMC or 2 FMCs, one cavalry, 60 troops, no screamers w. grimoure, and 14 hounds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Damn, they kinda took a dump on what Demons can take. The list looks good overall but I would take Soul Grinders over the Nurgle Beasts. Gives you some skyfire and could take some of the heat off of Be'lakor.

EDIT: And perhaps drop one of the HoK and find some points for Skulltaker to go with the Crushers.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, they kinda took a dump on what Demons can take. The list looks good overall but I would take Soul Grinders over the Nurgle Beasts. Gives you some skyfire and could take some of the heat off of Be'lakor.

EDIT: And perhaps drop one of the HoK and find some points for Skulltaker to go with the Crushers.
Taking away a herald takes away the grimoure or portaglyph booth witch I need considering all the objectives. Taking away the beasts leaves me with only one attack option. My biggest concern is wether or not I have to few attack units as is.

I'm thinking maybe taking some Dnettes over the small horrors and 10 PBs? Fast and can kill most normal units. But if I'm to elaborate even bigger it would be to some how find 200p for another fast attacking unit like more beasts or seekers?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Demonettes would be fine to take over horrors, but definitely keep the plague bearers they are great objective holders. I can see you reasoning behind keeping the portalglyph but honestly from past experiences beasts of nurgle really don't do much. You'd do better with souls grinders. Also outflanking seekers aren't a bad option just be smart with them as they can get mowed down in droves.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I sure hope they gave the other armies the same absurd limitations as they did yours. Stopping Screamerstar I can understand but Flying Circus? Soul Grinders?! Flying Circus isn't even that strong and Soul Grinders are nowhere near as OP as they were when the new Daemons codex first hit the shelves.

As for the list itself; your list is too focussed on defence imo, even for me:grin: You're still allowed 1 Soul Grinder so I suggest you take it. There's really no point in bringing more than 3 Beasts because all they are there for is to support your Horrors, I suggest you drop 2 or maybe even 3 to free up some points for your Soul Grinder. With this many troops the Portalglyph becomes rather underwelming as well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing is that as there are 4 missions with 5-7 objectives and 2 killpoints games I need durable units and lots and lots of troops. The missions are made to penalis cheese and forcing everyone to take lots of troop. To get full points you need to take all objectives without beeing challenged and get linebreaker and warlord. That is why the portaglyph is so important. I to feel that my units are rather defencive and that my offence is limited but I don´t really know how to make it work. I could skratch the beast but they are one of the most hard to kill units in the game w. shrouded, 4wounds and that they can heal. Taking Dnettes over 12 horrors and 10 PBs will do a little for my offence but is it enough? I´ve considered taking a SG but with all the lascanons and melta out there I feel thats I´m just giving away a killpoint and w. phlegm they are random and w. their skyfire they are under 1 HP/ shooting. Not super.
If you have anything more I love to hear it otherwise I guess its back to the drawingbord. :scare:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what the I've come up with.

HQ
Be'lakor 350p
HoK, jugger, lesser, greater, loc wrath 155
HoN, loc fecundity, ML 1 95p
Skulltaker, jugger 145p

Elite
5 crushers, bloodcrusher, lesser, icon, banner 260p

Fast attack
6 drones, plaguebringer, lesser, icon, banner, 297p

Troops
10 pbs 90p
10 pbs 90p
10 pbs 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
540p

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like it. The plague drones can be useful as a fast moving tarpit. Just be careful and pick your targets. Don't let your opponent tarpit your tarpit! I've seen drones get bogged down in gaunts and guardsmen for entire games.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

HQ
Be'lakor 350p
Bel will be flying around ruins giving invissability to the crushers and puppetmaster enemy flyers/heavy shooters.

Extrapower to the crushers.

Hoping for the ap2 largeblast on plaguelore for those terminators and tau suits.

Skulltaker, jugger 145p
My warlord hunter.

Elite
My anti marines with the guaranteed 6" assault banner.

Fast attack
Tarpit unit for precision dropping pbs on objectives and the 2+ to wound banner for those hard to kill units.

Troops
10 pbs 90p
10 pbs 90p
10 pbs 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
3 x10 pbs for the back objectives and 3x 10 Dnettes for the offensive objectives and possibly an assault or two.
540p
As sad above daemons are seriously nerfed with these restrictions and every game I start is with a -1 pen for the cheesy Be'lakor. Hopefully I wound see any nidhords coming my way.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

HQ
Be'lakor 350p
Bel will be flying around ruins giving invissability to the crushers and puppetmaster enemy flyers/heavy shooters.

Extrapower to the crushers.

Hoping for the ap2 largeblast on plaguelore for those terminators and tau suits.

Skulltaker, jugger 145p
My warlord hunter.

Elite
My anti marines with the guaranteed 6" assault banner.

Fast attack
Tarpit unit for precision dropping pbs on objectives and the 2+ to wound banner for those hard to kill units.

Troops
10 pbs 90p
10 pbs 90p
10 pbs 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
10 Dnettes 90p
3 x10 pbs for the back objectives and 3x 10 Dnettes for the offensive objectives and possibly an assault or two.
540p
As sad above daemons are seriously nerfed with these restrictions and every game I start is with a -1 pen for the cheesy Be'lakor. Hopefully I wont see any nidhords coming my way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts