Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm pretty much completely new to 40k some of my mates are starting up again and have convinced me to have a go, after a fair amount of reading and forum lurking I've come to the decision that what I'd really love is a Ork footslogger army. I've had a go at making an army list this is my first one so be gentle. What I'm aiming to do is buy the Assault on Black Reach box and a few other boxes and build a kind of learning army out of that and then when I can afford alittle more (ie after I finish my degree) expand on the 1000 point army I'm building now. Anyway without further ado here is the list:

HQ -
Warboss w/PK, Shoota/Scorcha Kombi-weapon, 'eavy Armor,

Elites -
5x Loota's

5x Loota's

Troops -
30x Shoota Boyz w/3 Big Shoota's, Nob w/PK, BP

30x Shoota Boyz w/3 Big Shoota's, Nob w/PK, BP

20x Slugga Boyz, Nob w/PK, BP

Fast Attack -
1x Deffkopta's w/Twin Linked Rokkit Launchers

Total 1000

One of the things I'm wondering is if its worth swapping the Warboss for a Big Mek with a KFF for cover.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know exactly what's gonna be said here so I'll say it first XD...

A Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field would help loads...

And unit within 6" get a 5+ cover save... That'll keep them alive until you can hit your foes. He will cost 85 points. So I personally would take out 2 Deffkoptas (90 points) leaving you with 5 points leftover. Replace the Warboss' 'eavy armour with a cybork body for a 5+ invul save which is better than a 4+ armour save imo and that again brings the total to 1000 points.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, a big mek with kustom force field would be better.

I wish i had as many boyz as you so i didn't have so many specialty orks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think what you have is pretty solid as is, but what zible said about Cybork is right on the money, your Warboss is going to attract power attacks like flies to poop, so invulnerability is better than armor. You might want to keep the two groups of Lootas as one because with your list the Lootas will be very high on the target priority list and if you lose 2 in a single phase they have a high chance of running, and groups of five will get murdered in cc.

As for the Big mek question, for this list I’m not so sure a big mek would be that useful, because either only one group of boyz will be able to use the kff or you’ll have to move all three mobs in a very very very tight formation( 30 boyz can probably take up a whole square foot on the table) which would severely impair your mobility and you’d be supper vulnerable to pie plates and templates. On the plus side, moving a huge blob of 80 boyz around the table has got to be a lot of fun.

·
4,491 Posts
I would drop the Boyz down to 2 squads of 20, add in 2 Battlewagons, change the Warboss for a KFF Mek, and spend the remaining points on more Lootas.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What is your reasoning for buying AoBR set? Wouldn't it be better to buy the Ork battle force unless you have plans for the SM? It costs the same, at least at my local game store it does and you get a lot more for your money. Just my $.02 Good luck :grin:

·
4,491 Posts
AoBR is a far better choice.
You can sell the rulebook and marines and get 75% of the money back.

The Boyz are perfect for Mech armies.
The Warboss and Nobz are good for conversions.
The Deffkoptas are good for Deffkoptas, Bikes, or Buggies.

I bought myself 200 of the AoBR Boyz, 2 Warbosses, and 20 Deffkoptas, and never regretted it. Perfect for conversions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts