Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there will be Tyranids, Tau (lots of em), Eldar, Space Marines pretty much everything so i made this list.

No Heavy Support and Elites will be allowed.

I plan on getting

130pts
Chaos Lord with Deamon Weapon of Khorne

Troops:

==========================================================
210pts
Chaos Marines #5 with 1 plasma gun and all with CCB+Bolt pistol+Icon of Glory
Aspiring Champion: Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol
Chaos Rhino: Havoc Launcher
==========================================================
160pts
Chaos Marines +5 with 1 plasma gun and all with Bolters.
Aspiring Champion: Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol

Do u think I should change the second squad?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
500 PTS no Heavy Support/Elites/Special Chars and no HQ with more than 3W just this. And Scenarios is just a 6 round battle in small table (dont kwo the dimensions exactly)

·
Registered
598 Posts
because of the size of the game, i think you need to spend more points on numbers, not equipment. how much is the equipment on the first squad? exclude the rhino

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WITH the Rhino is 210 without its 170

·
Registered
598 Posts
hmm, my preference would to take out the rhino and add some more men; but if you want them to get in quick go for it. as for the equipment, maybe add some more men by taking out the icon and/or the champion? im a tad unclear about the icon, what does it do?
is the daemon weapon its only equipment?
sorry about all the questions...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the icon helps u re-roll on moral checks utill the bearer is dead :) i think is useful. especialy for the CCB guys

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
How about....

Chaos Lord w/ Power Weapon, Melta Bombs -120pts
Chaos Space Nuggets 10 w/ Meltagun, MoCG - 170pts
Chaos Space Nuggets 10 w/ Champ (power weapon), Meltagun, Missile Launcher, MoCG -210pts

This has 21 well-armored models with the weaponry to threaten hordes, tanks, and characters alike. The Lord paces along with the first Nugget squad, while the second, with their champion, provide backup as needed. The full 500pts has been used, and I imagine that on a smaller board, the toughness of the typical MEq model will survive well enough to make it across the board at strength.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts