Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought id post up a little intro.

I am relatively new to Warhammer 40k, having dabbled in it 20 odd years ago I have now decided to learn the game properly.

I have chosen to use the Chaos Space Marines having bought the Dark Vengeance box set. I have since got terminators, Abbadon, a few tanks, a Heldrake and a few other things. (will post some pics soon)

I know very little about the 40k history so I've decide to read the Horus Heresy books and just about to finish the False Gods.

I live in the north west of England and often use another forum that helps me with my other hobby which is attempting to create a VW Campervan!

I look forward to using this site as it looks great.

Cheers, Jon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My god Jon you sound like the mirror image of me! Right down to the campervan! Though for a second i thought you were greating a GW campervan, which would be as equally awesome. In the northwest to, Burnley/Pendle area. Always looking for some new people to game with again (last time I was about 17, a decade or two ago)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys. I am increasing my knowledge with every game I play, however, a 1000 point game is still taking nearly 4 hours to play (including a small break or two) along with my beginner friend using the Dark Angels.

I have been asked about legions down at my local GW shop. Thing is I started painting my figures before I started reading about legions. And I still don't know too much about them as I don't want it to spoil the Heresy books I'm reading. So the answer to your question is I have a few different legions in 1 army. Maybe that wouldn't go down well but it will be fine for me for now! I seem to use Abaddon a lot so will probably go down the black legion route eventually. Plus my space marine have been painted black legion copying a tutorial I found on YouTube. Having said that I do like the Khorne red I've used for my Berzerkers and Predator tank.

I will throw some pictures up Saturday night when I play my next game.

Jon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a picture of my Helbrute. Although I'm not sure if these colours match a legion I quite like them and started to use a similar theme for my Heldrake.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
welcome to the forums it is good to have someone back after 20 odd years enjoying the hobby again. You could also post pictures of your models in the painting and modeling section as well as show off your whole army in the project log section. Anyway enjoy and there are plenty of people here to help you with all aspects of the hobby.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome to Heresy Online! :drinks:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Welcome to the boards. That helbrute is definitely a good start. I think washes on the metallics, red and flesh would really make it pop a bit more. Head over to the Painting and Modelling boards and people far more qualified than me can give you more advice.

Enjoy your stay on Heresy.:victory:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I've had the chance to take a good look round the site and understand it a little better now. Jon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts