Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So! I've been away from the warhammer world for quite a while which is a shame as what drove me from the hobby was money, now having a job I have no time. It appears I've switched round and all that. I've just returned and found many a ebay deals compelling me to rejoin. I'm hoping that by joining communities more now that I've grown up will allow me to keep into the hobby and get further invested. I'll also need to begin looking where I can game...

5th edition is where I left off, I don't suppose anyone could TL:DR what I've missed lately for me? Haha.

And where would the best place to head off in hopes to talk about the two armies I'm considering exploring? My two considerations are so far going to my old playlist back in the ole' 5th edition which was a biker force using the old space marine codex, however the new Tau Empire has definitely taken my attention currently. If this is one of the better places to post this has anyone got any pros, cons, suggestions on my decision between the two?

And I suppose I better go nosey round the sales/trade forum to look at picking up some gear now. And maybe try find a better forum to introduce myself...

Many thanks!

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Its up to you really but both of those ideas, bike and tau have merit and are quite useful lists currently. Main thought for starting another army now is that the large tau models are very expensive. Personally I'm not even sure if some of them are worth it really but the marines as always are a good option and are comparitivly cheaper. As to exact lists what do you like to play, bike lists are as deadly as before and much more survivable than most we in 5th, and now gget bonuses such as a new rule "hammer of wrath" basically you get to make a free attack before anything else (just representing you hitting them with your bike).

Apart from that little ramble read the new big rule book, find a club, pay and chat to players go from there. Welcome back.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome to Heresy, mate :good:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts