Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to heats 2 and 3 of this years gt should be expecting to see lots of lash lists, That is chaos lists looking to make the most of the lash of submission psychic power. It a powerful mechanic and gives the chaos players lots of extra options tactically on the field. So If the 2nd and 3rd heat are going to be lash spam, then what differences should you be making to your lists and/or tactics to counter this?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Not really worying tbh, if i meat lash i play defensive and wait till i can get a bead on the Prince/Princes and then pump everything at them.

Think the dual lash/9 obilt players are gonna have a very dull time when everyone just plays VP denial and waits to get some sniping in. Plus with the terrain hvy boards we have been hearing about at heat 1 it goes even more against that kind of army.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Easy, play tau!

Played a few games with dual lash and a few games against it. I dont think its that game breaking that its an automatic win. Its certainly good no doubt and is THE auto choice for tournament chaos armies but DPs arent that hard to kill. Plus the biggest problem of all: it does jack shit to tanks.

If i roll up to play it with my tau, then the only units im worried about being lashed are my kroot, in which case they'll probably go well out of the way, bunch up and die when assaulted to allow swift pain to the offending DP's face. The biggest worry for me is 9 oblits + dual lash. Oblits shoot down tanks still just as well as before. I'd probably try to concentrate on them at range then if a DP tries to get fruity, give them a slapping!

So:

1) keep any static units out of range or LoS.
2) take out any rhinos ASAP
3) take out the lash princes when possible.
4) make the most of outnumbering the hell out of them!

So im not overly worried. Would be much worried if they still could have speed but we'll see. Knowing me i'll play 6 dual lash armies at heat 2.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think its more powerful than you give credit too, if its played shrewdly it can be a real bitch. remember the chaos player should be doing the LOS denial thing as well, to just drag out key units, one at a time. Vs MC's lists, push back 1 carnie/tyrant per turn to virtually put them out of the game, get a first turn charge off reasonably easily by combining 2 princes powers. Put units next to each other for easily consolidate follow up

·
Registered
94 Posts
The lash is indeed vicious. However, there are obvious defences:

1. psychic defence. ie. runes of warding/psychic hood.

2. mech armies. I, for example, laugh at lash players. What are you going to do? lash my falcon?

3. blow them up!

if you haven't got the stuff to do one of these 3 then quite frankly what the hell is in your army.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The lash is indeed vicious. However, there are obvious defences:

1. psychic defence. ie. runes of warding/psychic hood.

2. mech armies. I, for example, laugh at lash players. What are you going to do? lash my falcon?

3. blow them up!

if you haven't got the stuff to do one of these 3 then quite frankly what the hell is in your army.
Necrons !!:worried:

·
Registered
804 Posts
monolith?
"ohs no my warriors getting lashed!" *warps them back to monolith*
*proceeds to pie plate something next turn*

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
or 2 daemonprinces lash forward warrior units to get a first turn charge, kill them in cc, no wbb. With luck you can actually get 2 units into cc first turn and your not far off phaseout. Or drag units into b2b for the plasma/blastmaster death from shooting

·
Registered
275 Posts
erm basically go meq on there ass lol,

if they are going for the deamon prince thing there not as hard as they were, you can kill them with not much.were as if they have soceras they arnt moving fast enought to do much bar make the units get shot at

martin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.