Core:
  • Ungor spearmen x 48: Banner, Musician= 297
  • Gor Herd x 26: AHW banner, musician = 223
  • Gor Herd x 26: AHW banner, musician = 223 *ambush*
  • Tuskagor Chariot: 80
  • Tuskagor Chariot: 80
Special:
  • Bestigors x 28: Manbane standard, Musician: 389
  • Minotaurs x4: AHW, Bloodkine w/ Gold sigil sword : 272 (giving the BK some great initiative as well.)
Total: 2498
Lost the Doombull. It seemed a bit much for a 'friendly match'.
Those points allowed me to fill out the other units and really help bring it in under cost.

sad to lose the beast of a doombull, but the minotaurs are for flanking and just grinding into large blocks.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
should do well even though by the looks of it that army would get kick out for not being painted, :(
was a friendly match.
It did VERY well. (battle report later.)
MVPs were Slugtounge and Khazrak. Followed by the chariots

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
sorry to revive old thread.
I wanted to give feed back for all the people who helped with good advice.

We didn't get to finish the game, the store owner (opponent) had a meeting to get to. So here are the highlights. (sans usual dramatic flair)

Ambushing unit of gors: wow. They came out on the flank and really put the WoC at a disadvantage. They ate 'Tzeentch's treason' to the face but somehow survived the ldr test. That spell is simply nasty.

Ungor spearmen: buffed with Wyssan's and Banner of the beast, these guys held their own and dished out some for a cheap amount of points.

Slugtounge: took out 4 chosen at the start of the game! A few extra models perished, but nothing beats taking out the chosen. His death spells were a consistent threat. However, a lvl 4 tzeentch sorc dominated the magic phase and kept me shut down for much of the game.

Khazrak: scourge was fantastic. High WS that took out 9 marauders in one round (winning CR for me).

The wargor with ASF and armor piercing: Primal fury is fantastic. He slaughtered the WoC hero in the obligitory challenge. That many attacks, with boosted str (wyssan's) and armor peircing at re-rollable to hit? One dead expensive hero
- this combo will be in every army from now on as a good 'challenge bait'

Hellcannon: ouch. Ouch ouch.Bestigors took some nasty fire to this.

Marauder horsemen: very nice, posed a serious threat to my chariots. I would now take ungor raiders JUST to protect their flanks and take pot shots at the horsemen. Ungor raiders are amazing as is....odd list for me that I had zero on the table.

Minotaurs: impact hits were nice. They faced off vs. the chosen (with help of my chariot). They ate a ton of spells from a lvl 2 sorc and had their numbers dwindled to 2 by combat. Not only that, but their lower I made them bait for the chosen. Their impact hits were nice, however, for their price, not worth it. Bloodkine with I:10 (weapon) They managed a few hits on the chosen, but thankfully Sluggy and the CHARIOT did the work for them.

Chariots: d6 impact hits at 80 points? Yes please. They did the brunt of the combat vs the chosen. rolled 6 impact hits, 4 of those wounding. This made the combat. The minos would have been hacked apart w/o them. I will be certainly making and taking more chariots in the future.

thanks for the help.

Fury, gore and ruin.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts