Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Eastern Potent
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So having been inspired by Blackspine's battle reports and tactics, I have decided to make beastmen my next army! I basically went through and just looked at things I like. Might not be the most competetive thing ever. But I like it. This is my first beastmen list since before their current book. so I greatly appreciate all C&C thanks for your time :)

Beastmen 1500pts.

Beastlord
Heavy armor
Shield
Gnarled hide
Talisman of preservation
Sword of bloodshed
253pts.

Wargor
Heavy armor
Shield
Talisman of endurance
BSB
136pts.

Bray Shaman
Level 2
Lore of Shadows
Staff of Darkoth
160pts.

20 Gors
Full command
Shield
185pts.

20 Gors
Full command
Shield
185pts.
10 Ungor raiders
Full command
69pts.

Tuskgor Chariot

3 Minotaurs
ADHW
177pts.

15 Bestigors
Full command
Totem of rust
260pts.

Beastlord and Wargor with the Bestigors, Chariot on the flank, Minotaurs on the other. ungor raiders are there because I like the unit, and nothing else really, could ambush them, right now just plan on running them around to be annoying, and pop shots off.

Im actually thinking of taking a Doombull instead of the Beastlord, with a GW, Ramhorn helm, Gnarled hide, HA, and a talisman of preservation. My thinking is that nothing can deal with his level of badassery at this point level. 5 str 8 attacks, 2+ A, and a 4+ ward. Pretty awesome. combined with his Mino unit, there isnt much anyone can do to them

· Eastern Potent
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so taking into account what you said, I present a revised list!

Beastmen 1500pts.

Doombull 235pts.
ADHW
Ramhorn Helm
Talisman of Preservation
Gnarled hide
Heavy Armour
330pts.

I love this guy, 6 str 6 attacks, and for every passed AS I get to whip out another str 6 attacks. Win. Well protected as well to make sure he makes it to the enemy to smack face.

Wargor
Heavy armor
Shield
Talisman of endurance
BSB
136pts.

Couldn’t pass up gnarled hide on the Doombull

Bray Shaman
Level 2
Lore of Beasts
Staff of Darkoth
160pts.

25 Gors
Full command
ADHW
225pts.

25 Gors
Full command
ADHW
225pts.
Followed your suggestion on these guys

Tuskgor Chariot

3 Minotaurs
ADHW
177pts.

Agreed on the arrow/shot magnets, so decided another 9 wounds wouldn’t hurt

3 Minotaurs
ADHW
177pts.
See above!

· Eastern Potent
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly, it's a toss up for the previous point and this.
put the doombull in the Minos and they HAVE frenzy. They will get an extra attack, enabling them to WIN the first round of combat and gain another attack. Making it (i'm not 100% offhand) 6 attacks at str 5. wowzer
hopefully into someone's flank.

I like that you went full minotaur rather than trying to do two things at once.

Doombulls /gorebulls are nice due to frenzy and d3 impact hits. That alone can make combat for you. However frenzy and primal fury don't stack, so doombull can actually hurt some of your units...

Good luck man! it looks nasty for 1500

thanks a lot for the comments both of you, and the help Blackspine, much appreciated!! :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.