Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a play nids. things that have fleet of claw say they do. ravenors and horms don't but they are beasts. don't have the rulebook on me so i ask does "beasts" give fleet of whatever?

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Yes, Beasts are Fleet
They also charge 12"

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome. honestly ghalahad i knew you were on and would be able to answer that quickly.thanx. i have been i was just worried i was cheating again. i thought scuttling let you infiltrate and played that way for a while. when i learned what was right thanks to heresy it tarnished my victories. so i might ask some silly rules questions.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
No problem, just part of the job :wink: I understand all too well how it can feel to realize you've been playing by the wrong rules, better to ask than not

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
forgive my bug-related ignorance, but what's Leaping do?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fast charge of 12. models in 3 inches of friendly model in base contact make full attacks as opposed to the regular 2 inches. the horms have a fast charge due to the beasts thing but that second ability comes in handy with huge squads.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Is the charge slowed by difficult terrain?
If not then I could see how it would be useful (if not very efficient)

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Same as Beasts then.
Yeah, Leaping seems pretty redundant in that case.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Umm hate to burst your bubble but Leaping DO NOT get to double their roll through difficult terrain. They are slowed by difficult terrain like normal. If this is wrong please quote a page that I can find it at.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Beasts get to roll two dice, pick the higher (not 'highest' when there's only two - who taught GW writers grammar anyway??) and double the result for moving through difficult terrain. 'Nids get the Move Through Cover rule, so 'Nids with the Beasts rule get to roll 3d6, (adding one die - singular for 'dice' = 'die'; GW and good grammar don't mix) pick the highest and double the result.

Leaping provides no advantage when moving through difficult terrain.

Hormogaunts benefit from all of those rules - fleet, all troop members within 3" during an assault get to attack, 3d6 through difficult terrain, pick the highest and double it and 12" assault range. Only the assault range is redundant.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Beasts get to roll two dice, pick the higher (not 'highest' when there's only two - who taught GW writers grammar anyway??) and double the result for moving through difficult terrain. 'Nids get the Move Through Cover rule, so 'Nids with the Beasts rule get to roll 3d6, (adding one die - singular for 'dice' = 'die'; GW and good grammar don't mix) pick the highest and double the result.
Personally I subscribe to the theory that when they write anything, they throw the keyboard and mouse at the wall until they get something that's passable... if assessed by a primary school teacher that is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts