Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

Need 4 Battlewagons, but want something different (and cheaper) than the GW ones.

Can anyone give me any tips, or recommend any suitable non-GW tanks to modify?

Need 4 of them, and hoping to get all 4 for around $80AUD (50GBP, 70USD) delivered.
Seen a couple on ebay for around 9-10GBP delivered, but unsure if they are suitable or not.

Any advise or pics of similar conversions are very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Well you could Orkify landraiders, they'ed be different to everyone elses, but it's not gonna be any cheaper. Ebay is your best bet.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You could try tanks from Pig Iron Miniatures with some Ork bits from bits sites. I've seen a Leman Russ Punisher Chrome Dog made from one and it doesn't look to bad.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I've found this on http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kits/club-sdkfz-2511-ausf-halftrack-48007-p-16188.html

It's supposed to be 1/48 in scale, so it might be big enough, not entirely sure and it's one there for under £20. Take the model as the base and just add stuff to it, move the track guards ect ect.
not sure that half track will be big enough, the ork battlewagon is quite a significant model and that half track looks close to the size of the wartruck.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably need something around 1:35 or 1:32.

The Battlewagon is 15cm x 7.5cm roughly isnt it?
Pretty sure 1:32 or 1:35 scale tanks are the same dimensions.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
a 1/35th german half track is about the same size as a GW battlewagon, you could also use the hull of any 1/35th german tank as a base for a BW, say a tiger 1 or even a stug III would be a good start

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've seen people on this forum scratch build orky tanks. Perhaps you could try and make your own, don't be scared to ask help from people with prior experience in making them. Although time comsuming this option could turn out to be very cheap

Skar

·