Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ork Codex does not give the Fire Points for any vehicles except those that take the 'ard case upgrade. The BBB is not clear on Fire Points for open-topped vehicles. If you model big shootas on to the side of a battlewagon, do they still have a 360 degree arc of fire as if they were pintle-mounted?

·
Registered
592 Posts
If it is open topped, everyone inside can shoot out of it. And you measure from anywhere on the hull. There are no fire-points, because it is not closed off, so there is no need for firepoints!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Cruor99 is quite right here. For a reference, check out the BRB, P70. First line of "Open topped transport vehicles" says there are no fire points, all passengers can fire from any part of the hull.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
if you want firing points that badly you can say that a Battle wagon has 20 firing points on all sides (so a trukk would have 12 :3)

but really that would just be pointless

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
OK I think the OP is a bit confused...(or I am)

Open-topped affects the fire arcs of the unit embarked on the vehicle.

The Big Shootas mounted onto the vehicle count as the vehicle's armament so would be "pintel-mounted" if placed in the provided cupolas (which allow a 360 arc).

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
OK I think the OP is a bit confused...(or I am)

Open-topped affects the fire arcs of the unit embarked on the vehicle.

The Big Shootas mounted onto the vehicle count as the vehicle's armament so would be "pintel-mounted" if placed in the provided cupolas (which allow a 360 arc).
Here come the Klokk to set everyone straight! Yup, the original post is asking about the vehicles weapons and how they interact with the open top rule. Stupid me for not fully comprehending the questions asked. :fool: Just to second Klokk, the vehicles mounted big shoota's are considered pintle mounted and give a 360 degree fire arc as long as the vehicle itself doesn't block line of sight. Being open topped doesn't affect a vehicles mounted weapons, only the weapons of the passengers it carries.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I've been discovered, Ninja AWAY!

Oh dear :shok:

/:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts