Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do people think of this expansion so far then?

I'm not a fan of War of the Ring as a whole but I have to admit that battlehosts has added some pretty cool additional formations although I haven't had any games with the new expansion.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I haven't really picked it up yet, but from what I've seen it looks okay. I only have a very small collection of Gondorians at the moment, though. (yet plenty of experience because I sometimes play at the local GW with borrowed Gondorians) (Two Companies of Warriors, One Company of Archers, Three Companies of Knights and Borimir).

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
useless to me. I almost never see anyone playing WOTR let alone have enought modals to play battlehosts. I have a bit of every army out there and i can't even field a single battlehost and i'm the big man at my local for LOTR.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
useless to me. I almost never see anyone playing WOTR let alone have enought modals to play battlehosts. I have a bit of every army out there and i can't even field a single battlehost and i'm the big man at my local for LOTR.
If only my local club didn't play WotR and more SBG :wink:

People here have pretty much abandoned SBG for WotR which is why I'm tempted to try and get back into it and I'm hoping battlehosts will help get me back into it.

·
Registered
252 Posts

People here have pretty much abandoned SBG for WotR which is why I'm tempted to try and get back into it and I'm hoping battlehosts will help get me back into it.
You see, my LGS is the other way around. Most people have a little bit of everything for LOTR, either because they like the models or they just picked up enough for a small game when it first came out. The result is that while pretty7 much everyone can put together a 750 point force for the SBG, I'm one of the few people who can put a force together for WOTR (and thats mixing my corsairs, harad, far harad, and easterling collections into one big Fallen Realms army ... soon to have added black numenoreans).

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

me and a few friends are trying to trump up intrest during the summer holidays as the manager as agreed to give LOTR it's own table for about 3-5 hours on sunday. This means we can get plenty of games in.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good jaws :)

I personally try to avoid my local GW now as much as I possibly can, especially on a sunday. But it's good to see some people trying to round up interest for the SBG that has been abandoned by GW themselves.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
well if we don't who will? I'm just happy that the manager who i have know for quite a few years has put aside a 4" by 4" board just for LOTR which does make me somewhat happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts