Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was randomly thinking about the battleforce box sets and decided to check how much the saving is now, i found battleforces are now even more value for money
heres a list of only a few battleforces from the armies mainly effected by the price increase
first up

In the Chaos Space Marine Battleforce -
- Chaos space marines x 1
- Attack Squad x1
- Rhino x 1
- Khorne Berzerkers x 1
- Possessed x 1
Cost of buying them individually - £95.50
Battleforce - £50
thats a £45.50 Save

In the Space Marine Battleforce -
- Tactical Squad x 1
- Combat Squad x 1
- Rhino x 1
- Scout Squad x 1
- Assault Marine Squad x 1
Cost of buying them individually - £90.50
Battleforce - £50
thats a £40.50 save

In the Imperial Guard battleforces -
- Cadian/Catachan Command Squad x 1
- Cadian/Catachan Squad x 2
- Heavy Weapon Team x 1
- Sentinel x 1
Cost of buying them individually - £80
Battleforce - £55
Thats a £25 save

In the Space wolves Battleforce -
- Space Wolves Pack x 2
- Scout Squad x 1
- Drop Pod x 1
Cost of buying them individually - £80
Battleforce - £50
Thats a £30 save

now im not to sure about the other armies but from what i can tell these are the main ones
so there is abit of a silver lining with price increase, well thats my opinion
what are other peoples thoughts?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Ravenwing Boxset £50
individual price £83
2x Ravenwing Bike Squad £25 each
Landspeeder £18
Attack Bike £15

plus you get a third Ravenwing accessory sprue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
And if you buy em of discount sites those deals become even better! Need to get my hands on the imperial guard one:so_happy:

Skar

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Its a shame they don't offer a custom battleforce box where you can pick exactly what you want in it since for instance, I'd not use the scout squad or the rhino in the pace marine box, so I'd like to trade them for a bigger tank or some terms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
EPIC LOL a little histroy for you all before my dad past away about 2 months ago we talked about how much money was worth back in 1950-1970 now imagine a normal bar of cadburys chocolate 5 squars long being 15p, here i have a white dwarf so old that a landraider is £15, cant you guys remeber the times when a pot of paint was £1.75 ? and remember when the money saving boxes of tanks and men for formations in apocalypse saved you a TON of money? BUT how come i cant remeber a time when gamesworks shop ever EVER lowered there prices? because i know i cant remember!

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
EPIC LOL a little histroy for you all before my dad past away about 2 months ago we talked about how much money was worth back in 1950-1970 now imagine a normal bar of cadburys chocolate 5 squars long being 15p, here i have a white dwarf so old that a landraider is £15, cant you guys remeber the times when a pot of paint was £1.75 ? and remember when the money saving boxes of tanks and men for formations in apocalypse saved you a TON of money? BUT how come i cant remeber a time when gamesworks shop ever EVER lowered there prices? because i know i cant remember!

Then you don't remember the first box of Plastic Terminators (the ones posed like the had just shat their armour).
When released GW priced them the same as the previous metal box set, no one bought them, GW then dropped the price by a fiver making them cheaper than the metal SW or Chaos metal five man boxes that were still available at the time.

Yeah the battle forces and megaforces are great if you actually want all the items.
I have always found the inclusion of Khornites in the Chaos one a bit of a mystery, that said getting cheap Khornites off all the people that don't want them is rather nice.:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
which you would of course since nobody is dumb enough to actually buy direct from GW if easily avoidable.Games Workshop (the people who have all your money)
Also Games Workshop Stores
Why of course

I take that personaly ill have you know lol! its just i cant hep it my store has a very very vyer good sales man he could make you sell your soul or fist borne son!
They have a habit of doing that. Slowy convincing you to buy something. It's like being put into a trance. But as soon as you notice your hand slipping into your wallet Run!:laugh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Then you don't remember the first box of Plastic Terminators (the ones posed like the had just shat their armour).
When released GW priced them the same as the previous metal box set, no one bought them, GW then dropped the price by a fiver making them cheaper than the metal SW or Chaos metal five man boxes that were still available at the time.

Yeah the battle forces and megaforces are great if you actually want all the items.
I have always found the inclusion of Khornites in the Chaos one a bit of a mystery, that said getting cheap Khornites off all the people that don't want them is rather nice.:)

can i say HOLY SHIT! but ok then but do you remember a general price drop for a range of products? i see that your age is 18+VAT so you must remember if they did lol ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Was considering buying a Cadian Battleforce from Dark Sphere (£41.00 odd, cheapest I can find + P&P)
Was wondering tho, do the sprues give u all the options that the seperate sets give u??

PS Anyone from Dark Sphere can forward the discount codes this way for giving u a shout out!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why of course

They have a habit of doing that. Slowy convincing you to buy something. It's like being put into a trance. But as soon as you notice this happening and you feel your hand slipping into your wallet Run!:laugh:
the sales guy said one time to one of my firends said "that would be £150" his girlfriend said"WHAT THATS TOO MUCH" the guy from GW says "ok then miss how much was your bag"? she says "£350" guy from GW says again "will there be anything else sir" my friend says "OK" :) see.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Problem with IG is u need about 2 or 3 Battleforces just to field a min army!!!
Then there is the thought of painting a trillion figures. . . . . . . . . . . Aghh, the eye strain! Should have gone to Specsavers!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
the only reasons i buy from my LGS is when i get gift cards or paints. I rarely feel like waiting for something from e-bay or to be shipped over from the UK. Although right now i have so much to build and paint that i won't be buying for a while at a LGS. If i could only find some cheap citadel paints i'd be a happy man. I know there are alternatives but i do like knowing the colors. As far as price drops go i don't foresee it happening unless there is a huge drop of sales and they end up creating more models then ever. It's simply supply v. demand economics. We still buy the shit so they won't change their trend. Costs go up. Not necessarily in the materials but people want raises, costs of utilites, transportation, taxes, and insurance. It all goes up. it may only cost GW 1 or 2 bucks to make a box of zerkers but the cost of the machines to amek them, the people to run them, the facility, and a bajillion other factos drive their prices up. They are over priced i agree but unless there is a huge consumer embargo on GW products we will never see a price drop.

there's your nugget of woog knowledge for the day.

woog out!

·
Registered
267 Posts
the sales guy said one time to one of my firends said "that would be £150" his girlfriend said"WHAT THATS TOO MUCH" the guy from GW says "ok then miss how much was your bag"? she says "£350" guy from GW says again "will there be anything else sir" my friend says "OK" see.Games Workshop (the people who have all your money)
Also Games Workshop Stores
Hahahahahaha that has made my day :laugh:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
There's a reason you can't remember. It's the customer selective memory phemomenon (or bollocks for short), where you only remember the negative things, not the positive ones. Managers often experience something similar when thinking about their staff.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I remember when I started back in 2nd ed, Paint was £1 a pot and metalics were £1.50...

Still got a pot of the metalic blue they did once, nearly full with the price sticker on it. :grin:

·
4,491 Posts
There is a reason battleforces are cheap...

- 1 item will be one that you need
- 1 item will be one that you dont need, but could use.
- 1 item will be one that you have lots of already.
- 1 item will be absolute shit.

Sure, you saved yourself money if you NEEDED everything and was going to buy it all anyway.
Otherwise, its just their way of selling off the unplayable plastic-crack to you without you realizing your spending more.

Lets say you collect marines, and your changing to SW...
Look at the SW battleforce.
Its a bargain, you save a heap, you feel good.
- 2 Boxes of SW, which are good, but there is always the alternative of converting your SM with SW bits from bits stores. The weapons from the bits stores are a bargain.
- A Drop Pod, which you might already have plenty of, or else your planning to use Razorbacks/Rhino's instead anyway.
- Scouts, which lets face it aren't that effective. Well, they are effective, but there are better things to spend your points (and money) on.

So lets see... you spent 50 to get 80 worth of stuff.... which your only going to basically use the SW bits and weapons of, which can be bought for peanuts anyway...

But as i said before, there are certain situations where they can be good, when you NEED EVERYTHING in the box, but being honest with yourself thats probably not very likely.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Hence why I said before, its a shame you can't get custom battle boxes where you can trade out the stuff you don't want, for the stuff you do.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts