Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just thought I'd post this scenario I came up with during my time at Port Maw. I've played a few games with it, but I'm eager to see your reactions, so give it a go, and let me know how it goes!

Cheers

Amoeba Bait

Battlefleet Gothic Scenario

Seize The Relic

Background: A warp rift has temporarily opened, spilling out all manners of phenomena and with it, an ancient ship which is said to contain vast treasures or a technological marvel. Each force is attempting to board the prize ship and find the relic.

Forces: Both fleets are picked to an equal points value.

Battlezone: The “Seize the relic” scenario usually takes place in deep-space. Set up a Warp Rift within 10cm of the centre of the table. Also set up the Relic Ship within 10cm of the centre of the table, facing away from the Warp Rift towards a non-player edge. Determine sunward edge as usual but do not place celestial phenomena.

Set-Up: Player roll for deployment as usual, and deploys his/her force up to 20cm in from their respective table edge.

First Turn: Once deployment is finished, each player rolls a D6. The highest rolling player may select to take the 1st or 2nd turn.

Special Rules
:
Relic Ship: At the start of each turn, roll a D6 and consult the following table:

D6 Roll Result
1 Stationary: The Relic Ship remains stationary
2 Stationary: See above.
3 Cruise: The Relic Ship moves 2D6cm in its facing direction.
4 Drifting Wreckage: Place D6 blast markers within D6cm of the Relic Ship, then move 2D6cm in its facing direction.
5 Change of Course: Roll the scatter dice and face the Relic ship in the direction indicated, then move D6cm in its facing direction.
6 Drastic Change of Course: Roll the scatter dice and face the Relic ship in the direction indicated, then move 2D6cm in its facing direction

If the Relic Ship ever moves off the table, place it in contact with the Warp Rift. This represents the ships Warp Drives malfunctioning.
The Relic Ship may not be fired at and may not be harmed in any way. It does not suffer movement penalty for moving through blast markers or any phenomena.

Warp Borne Phenomena: At the start of each turn, roll a D6 and consult the following table:

D6 Roll Result
1 No Phenomena:
2 No Phenomena:
3 Gas Cloud: Moves 2D6cm per turn.
4 Asteroid Field: Moves 2D6 cm per turn. If comes into contact with a ship in the Asteroids move, resolve D6 hits to the ships amour.
5 Meteor: Moves 3D6cm per turn. . If comes into contact with a ship in the Meteors move, resolve D6 lance hits.
6 Jumping Warp Rift: Roll scatter dice and 3d6. Move the Warp Rift that number of cm in the indicated direction. The Warp Rift does no damage to any ship it touches during its move. It simply closes and re-opens in a different location. If it re-opens in contact with a ship, move the Rift so it is within 2cm of the ship.

All phenomena are placed in the middle of the warp rift and then move as noted above in a direction determined by the scatter dice. They continue to move in this direction in following turns, so place a suitable marker to show its direction.

Victory Conditions: For every turn a capital ship spends in base contact with the Relic Ship, the controlling player gains 1 “Search Dice”.
At the end of the game each player rolls a number of D6 equal to their number of “Search Dice” and totals the results.
The player with the highest score wins. The game lasts 6 turns.

Note: If you wish to play a game of 40k based on the results of this battle add D6x100 points for every “Search Dice” each player has in addition to the agreed points limit.

Amoeba Bait

1 - 2 of 2 Posts