Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Is it just me or is anyone else impressed and pleased that Chaos ships can alter appearance based upon god?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
The only thing that saddens me is that they may as well be tanks.
That's more a fair assessment of the original game of battle fleet gothic than the video game. It's always been essentially a wet-navy (e.g. 2 dimensional) game.

·
Closet Dictator
3,425 Posts
This looks very good, unfortunately to get it I would have to upgrade my decrepit laptop! And that cant happen cos I'm getting house upgrades.......damn you real life needs daaaaaaammmmmmmmn youuuuuuuuu

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That's more a fair assessment of the original game of battle fleet gothic than the video game. It's always been essentially a wet-navy (e.g. 2 dimensional) game.
If both versions are 2 dimensional the only this making them different is...graphics? Battle your space tanks. It's still cool as fuck and I want to get it, but it's definitely a "would'a been a lot cooler if you did" scenario in my eyes.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Well yes but was a limit of it being a board game. Video games, as Nexus the Jupiter incident proves, can exist, and be played in three dimensions.

I expect a mod at some point that fixes that. (shrugs)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Space...a place with lots of space. You can go up, down, left, right, forwards, backwards, sidewards, upbackwards, forwarddownsidewards...

Sadly, I had hoped that it would have a 3D playing zone in which you could come from all directions, just like Homeworld. It just seems like a massive opertunity to miss out on. Like having a flight simulator in which you can only drive around the runway and not actually take off from.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts