Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I don't really feel like looking for it on other sites and frankly I value the opinions of the users on this site more than other forums.

As you know, wagons are able to take up to 4 big shootas as upgrades. It doesn't say where they can go or specify if they are hull or sponsons, just that they are big shootas. With the wagon kit from GW, two of the guns are on top with 360 degree view and then the other two are on the sides with only a view of the side without the ability to rotate and target other sides.

I'm sure you can see how this would be a waste of points since you can only technically use two guns in the front and back arcs of the wagon and then up to only three guns on the side arcs. Wagons should always be facing the enemy with its front arc with its stronger armor. Basically the side shootas are worthless.

With the orks being very conversion friendly and the rules not being nearly as specific as other vehicle rules, do you think I will be able to put those guns somewhere more convenient on the wagon? I don't plan on abusing this by putting a huge, tall crows nest that sticks above buildings allowing me to shoot over cover or anything. I just like the idea of shooting 12 shots instead of only 6, even at bs5 and I feel like the GW kit is only pretty, but not game friendly.

You can bet that people who scratch build their wagons aren't putting the guns on the side where they can't see anything either.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Doesn't say where they are so they can be anywhere: you could convert your orks to be clinging to the side firing big shootas from the hip... would give you the fire arcs you want and look cool (without obviously looking like you've done it solely for advantage).

I'm assuming you meant that the guns are BS2 and hit on 5+ (not BS5) but even then that's rarely true. As soon as the wagon moves at least 3 of those big shootas are snap firing and so will only hit on 6s. I think most people, including me, simply won't care where the big shootas are because they are unimportant: they'll be snap firing while you advance and if you survive to deliver your payload then they'll have bigger problems...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops, yep bs2 haha oh god bs5 orks.

but ya I agree completely. I just wanted some second opinions.

thanks

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
BS5 Orks :shok: that would be the death of all other races. But yeah as said irks are the kings of conversions so do just about what you like, personally id start getting iffy if the guns are on extended bridges conning of the tank itself but I think just about anything else goes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts