Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Good god, I just realised I posted this as Orcs vs. Beastmen.. Epic fail. For those of you looking for beastmen, turn back now! this is actually Orcs and Goblins vs. Dark Elves

So after seeing some other battle reports up, I figured I would give it a shot, this was a game I played against my brothers new Dark Elf army, we started small to give them a try:

My list was as follows:

Black Orc Big Boss
Biggeds Kickin boots
Heavy armor
Shield

Orc Shaman
Level 2

20 Orc Boys
Shields and Command

25 Night Goblins
Spears full command

25 night Goblins
Spears and command

10 spider riders

5 spider riders

The Dark Elves:

Master
Whip of agony
Armor of Darkness

Sorceress (Lore of dark Magic)
Level 2
Tome of Furion

20 Spearmen
shields and command

20 Spearmen
shields and command

10 crossbowmen

10 crossbowmen

5 Cold one knights

TURN ONE

The Dark Elves got first turn, and started by moving everything forward, The Cold one knights took and extreme flank opposite my unit of 10 Spider riders
the spearmen took the middle With a unit of crossbowmen in between them, and the other unit of crossbows a few inches away towards the flank.
the Sorc rolled bladewind, Chillwind, and Soul Stealer, In his magic phase he went for Chillwind on my Unit of orcs, which I dispelled. He then attempted bladewind, which he cast but was out of range. (Lucky for me, that would have hurt my boys) Shooting was nil as he moved.

ORCS: In my turn I passed all my animosity rolls, and moved everything forward. I rolled Gaze of Gork and 'Eadbutt. In my magic phase I tried to cast 'eadbutt on his master, he failed to dispel so I knocked a wound off of him. I then tried for Gaze on his unit of spearmen containing the Master, which was promptly dispelled.

TURN TWO

Turn two for the Dark Elves began with him passing his stupidity test, and charging my spider riders with his Cold one knights, who elected to hold their ground, passing their fear test. His spearmen all advanced. In the magic phase he succesfully cast Bladewind on my boys, killing 6 of them. I pass my panic test. I stop his Chillwind from hitting the same unit. In his shooting phase The unit of crossbowmen on the flank kill a Spider rider, and the unit in the middle kills another orc. In combat he wipes the front rank off my spider, and I fail to do anything in return. He overruns me but it takes him close to the board edge.

ORCS: I Declare the WAAAAGH! My remaing spiders squabble and kill themselves with a typical level of orcy stupidity. My Unit of boys with the boss Waaagh! and the unit of Goblins to their left does as well. The Orc boys Waaagh 4 inches, and I declare a charge, they fall an inch short. And life slaps me again. In my magic phase I cast 'Eadbutt again, but roll a 1 to wound. He fails to dispel Gaze and I kill two Dark Elves.

TURN THREE

The Cold ones fail their stupidity (Glory be) the Spearmen holding the master directly in front of my Boys Charge and..Bum-bada! Make it. The other Spearmen charge the goblin unit. I shut down all his magic. He cant see anything to shoot. In CC His Master Challenges my boss, I take a wound but smash the Dark elf into the ground. His spearmen kill 3 orcs, and I fluff all my to hit and wound rolls. He wins combat, and runs down my unit. In the combat with my goblins he wins, but I manage to hold firm. At this point I call the game. A Victory for the Druchii. :(

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Beginners' luck I guess. You could say it was for the better though, since every new player needs a little push in their first few games (except if they're born fanatics). If the dice wouldn't have hated you so much you would have ran his ass over, which isn't the kind of first game average players would enjoy. I hate to say it for several reasons but it was for the greater good. :) :p And there'll always be a "next time". ;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I agree, In all fairness not to be a poor loser, but I took a "Noob" List, but tis ok alls fair in war and warhammer. But I agree. The dice definitely hated me :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nice battle report!
Sorry to see things go so badly for you, but it seems like you've learned a ton in that one battle.
Mind if I ask why a unit of 10 spider riders then another of 5?

Keep the battle reports comin!

and I can empathize with dice hating you. I rolled 3 1's on a chariot's charge & 9 of 10 'look out boss' rolls, i've gotten ones. Yikes.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, it was more of a, your new to the army, so I'll throw some models into a 1000pt. List kind of deal than anything else. I would have either run them both as ten or both as 5 normally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts