Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So being deployed has made playing Warhammer 40k a bit difficult. I have managed to find a board that I cut down to 4x6 and I store against the wall behind my bed in my room (a connex).

So three of my friends here decided to all play a game together. My army is an Imperial Guard Army with Inquisitor allies. One other player is Chaos Space Marine/ Chaos Daemon Nurgle. Another is CSM. The last is Tyranid. We played the first round on day 1 then one of us had to work, so we continued the next day, and finished round 2,3, and 4 before one of us had to work. We are gonna finish the game as soon as we can, one of our players just had his shift changed, so it is a bit difficult. I am lucky enough to have my roommate out of the room for the next few weeks because he is on leave so I can keep the room filled with miniatures =P. Here is what has happened so far. I forgot to take a picture of the end of round 2, sorry.

This is the first round. Guard at bottom left, Nurgle CSM top left, CSM top right and Tyranids at bottom right. There are six capture points, on is within the guard deployment, on in the center, one on top of the baby wipe bottle (entry point on the bar code, only the top counts as the control point), one in the building in the CSM deployment zone, one in the Nurgle deployment zone, and one in the Tyranid deployment zone.

Round two consisted of the Tyranids splitting his forces between Guard and CSM, Guard picking off a Land Raider and some Terminators, one guard tank getting immobilized, and a few squads shot up, and the CSM dominating the nids.

Round three was more of the same, I forgot to write down what happens in each round, we were stressed on time so it wasn't practical. But I know what I did. Demo charges on the nids and autocannon fire against the nids and nurgle.

Round three was more drastic for the nids than anything, all his reserves came in except one and started wrecking havoc on the CSM as well as some nurgle bikes with meltas. I managed to take out all the nurgle obliterators and terminators but one of his guys got in close combat, and due to a last minute pregame wargear change on my Inquisitor lord, he didn't have a power or force weapon and was carrying a null rod (good) and consecration scrolls (waste) and no added weapons. Again time constraint messed me up.

We are still waiting to play round 5, but here are some close up shots of the more interesting parts of the fight.

This is of the CSM and nid battle. These two units have been fighting since round 1.

Nids tearing up some CSM tanks and in close combat.

Nids deapstriking an inch away from the CSM control point about to tear up. Nurgle bikes being a pain.

View of my guard line advancing on one of the last pockets of nurgles, a tough nut to crack though.

Nurgle incursion into the guard line. All sights are aimed on them, so they wont last . Primaris Psyker = angry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome pics:drinks:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the game lasted a week with our schedules being different. The Tyranids made a comeback and started hammering the CSMs. Imperial Guard kept hammering the Nurgle forces. Nurgle managed to steal two victory points while the Tyranids and CSMs fought it out. The game ended on turn five from a lucky roll for Nurgle. I was going to obliterate his forces if I had another round or two. Sorry it took so long to post this, been busy.

The might of Imperium crushing a heretic!

Living battering ram. Seems unstoppable, took out a librarian before this.

Fighting off the swarm.

The great unclean one is now the great DEAD one.

Stealing a victory point at the end of the game.

Tyranids coming up from behind for the kill.

In the end, all there is is some smug ass nurgle followers and some pissed off Guardsman.

·
Registered
941 Posts
YAY! Chaos Powns all!:laugh::biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts