Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of fluff from the book. Not too bothered about competitiveness, more interested in the fluff but still want a list that isn't horrible. Let me know what you think :)

Battle for piscina IV

Belial (master of 3rd company) - artificer armour, power sword, plasma pistol - 140

Interrogator chaplain Boreas - plasma pistol - 125

Scout squad Naaman - veteran sergeant, heavy bolter - 78

Tactical squad Peliel - veteran sergeant, plasma gun + cannon - 180

Tactical squad Aphael - veteran sergeant, plasma gun + cannon - 180

Devastator squad Scalprum - (x10) x2 heavy bolter, x2 plasma cannon - 190

Ravenwing squad Aquila - (x6) veteran sergeant, 2x melta gun - 191

Ravenwing tornado - multimelta - 70

Deathwing squad Adamanta - assault cannon, cyclone missile launcher, x2 TH/SS - 275

Rhino - 35

Rhino - 35

1499 points

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
133 Posts
A fairly good list, plenty of plasma to take care of those annoying Av2+ saves. Just be careful of those gets hot! rolls. Last game I had all but one (I had four) of my plasma cannons fail, leading to the wielder beng wiped out in a ball of plasma- bad times :/

A bit confusing looking at the terminator squad though. How many terminators will you be taking, as you need 10 in a squad to take both an assualt cannon and the missile launcher.

Also, what are your tactics regarding this squad, as at the moment it is a bit mixed up. Either a shooting squad of terminators or assault.

Personally, I'd be looking at assault with all TH/SS equipped, allowing your scout team to have sniper rifles. Great way to seize an objective early on in the tactical objective missions.

Final note: I'd probably give the chaplain a bike also, giving that squad a little more close combat prowess, if not a diversionary attribute from the main force.

...but thats my opinion. What do you think?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Some really good points and unlucky with the plasma haha. This was just an experimental list really after reading the book. All I've done is included the characters and all the squads exactly how they were in the book. Thanks for the advice though :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts