Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just launched a new Kickstarter campaign for a new resin battle tank kit. The model is called the Battle Dog, or the kit can be had as a mobile artillery version named the Püg (as in Stüg ;))

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/179741323/battle-dog-and-pug

The kit ships with 5 main weapon options and some a selection of secondary armaments.

Here are the guns:

The Püg is the same kit, but without the turret. It has the hatch bit instead, which opens the same as the hatch on the turret.

Both kits come with two crew for the top hatch, a commander and a pintle gunner. They have separate heads, so the middle image shows them with another head from the Ramshackle Games range.

If I get enough interest I will do some sponsons and extra armour. I put these in as stretch goals.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I quite like these, would make great low tech Guard or Ork light tanks, they remind me of some of the very early tanks from WW2 and the early TD's. Will defs take a look.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Very low tech... but looks better without the turret. Even for low tech the proportions with the turret are just... off.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Very low tech... but looks better without the turret. Even for low tech the proportions with the turret are just... off.
It looks very interesting. I think the turret could probably have done with being slightly closer to the hull. The gap appears odd even if you look at early tank designs. But best of luck with the project.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
you have essentially created a really nice tank, nice details, well sculpted, ideal for quite a few games and style wise would fit perfectly into 40k for guard or orks, and then you royally fucked it up by trying to be different,separately the turret and the chassis look great, put them together and they look stupid, not even ork silly like a grot tank , but just wrong, personally i would go back to the drawing board and build a chassis that is the correct scale for that turret and build a turret that is the correct scale for the chassis aimed at ratlings/hobbit/dwarfs/grots etc.
but thats just me, excellent work other than that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put up the Battle Dog and Pug in the web store. These were the end result of the Kickstarter, which I delivered on. The parts are all available separately too as usual. And dont forget, Ramshackle Games models include free world wide shipping in the price, so what you see is what you pay for delivery to your door. :lol: The kit comes supplied with either the sponsons or the spaced armour.

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=487

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=496

The crew

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I like parts of 'em. I definitely like them better as Ork vehicles, I think (or the basis for them) than Imperial vehicles, but they're cool all the same. I'm not a fan of how oversized the turret is compared to the chassis, though. Again, works for Orks, less for the Imperium. The tank commander is pretty awesome...probably my favorite part of 'em, honestly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts