Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

as fate would have it I'm doing a lot of Freebooter's Fate lately and in the near future so I thought I put them together in one project log. First a large Empire warband, after that it's a large Brotherhood warband ALONG with some more Brotherhood minis for a third client. Funny how these things come up, last time I worked on some Freebooter's Fate minis was in late 2012 if I remember correctly.

Anyway, if you don't know what Freebooter's Fate is - in very few words it's a fantasy skirmish game with a pirates theme. The miniatures are all done by the insanely skilled Werner Klocke. He does amazing sculpts and is one of the sculptors amongst the Big Names in the industry who isn't only very good but also has a particular style to him AND is quite the master of sculpting females, only rivalled by of course Kev White of Hasslefree minis.

For a longer review of the game the ever so great Meeples and Miniatures Podcast recently had an in-depth review of the game, in episode #126. Definately give it a listen if you don't listen to each episode anyway.

SO, on to the miniatures. First I'm working on the Empire warband. It's about 22 figures in total if I remember correctly and there's not much time. Here we got the first five models:

Hope you like them. :)

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
You make my brushes sad..... :cray:

Great work again, Sig! :good:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Tawa: :D thanks, pal!
@Oldman78: Thank you. There's a lot more cloaks in this warband to come. ;)

Here's a new WIP of the next batch of figures:

Things get fancier from now on.

Another little thing - between March and June the updates on my website www.battlebrushstudios.com have been ..let's say a bit irregular (due to technical difficulties, some real life stuff, etc) This is remedied now and new updates pop up roughly every three to five days so pop over if you want to see some stuff. ;)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update!

The Asaltores (with the coats) are finished now, same with Ahondaro (pickaxe guy). From the last update, Teniente Máton (pistol lady) is also finished, Cazador Comadreja (guy with breastplate) still needs a tiny bit of work I think. Not quite happy with him. But I think I'll finish the Marines fist (latest picture in the left). Hope you like them!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Update!

First Mate, Capitan Leon and - by special request ;) - Torpe

Hope you like them so far, even though there isn't much to see yet.

edit: I realized that I hadn't posted a picture of the finished powdered guy yet. Here he is, amongst is red army friends. :p

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
More excellent work mate, but the mini at the rear middle of the group shot with the pistol in his left hand pointing to the sky, his eyes look off, almost looks like he has no pupils, could I just be cant make it out on the pic,

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Oldman78: Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I wasn't sure about the guy. I was trying to pull off some fancy eyes but his eyes are a bit too beady for it to work properly. I redid them a little now.

Here we got some old, some new, in various stages of being almost finished to completely finished. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on the Freebooter's Fate Brotherhood warband:

The little lanky fella in the front right with the dagger risen to throw is WIP. Hope you like them so far. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a quick little update with three more minis:

The lady in the left you may remember me doing in late 2012 IIRC. Twice, even. So this is the third time I'm painting the mini. The old guy in the middle is an amazing sculpt. Very funny. I like the lady in the right too, unfortunately the casting around the mask and her eyes especially seem to be a little wobbly for some reason. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the mini though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A few more Freebooter's Fate guys:

The two in the middle are finished, the guys in the left and right still are WIP. That eccentric guy in the right is really a crazy cool model. :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@JAMOB: Thanks very much. And I agree - the models are amazing.

After an annoying cold and some shenannigans before that today I got back to do proper stuff and you can hardly get any more proper than some of those mighty fine Brotherhood models. The two in the middle, The Raven and the Queen of Shadows (such amazingly lovely figures. Loved doing the QoS again and I'm blown away by The Raven. Really proud how the colour scheme on her worked out). The two in the left and right are WIP. Really like the red lady too though. She probably got involved with the Brotherhood but thought "why dress up in all grey and black if I can dress up like a goshdarned superhero with a crossbow?". ;)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks @Gunslinger. I would say that they're about 32mm foot to eye so a little taller than GW figures. And of course the style is quite different (insert rant about CAD-designed figures versus proper traditional sculpting here ;) ). But I could see them work for vampires.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First off, a mercenary for the Imperial warband, so he's wearing a little red and turquoise:

I wanted to make this one look really handsome and pretty much like the most awesome dude in the history of mankind. The kind of exotic danger dude you'd find in a penny novel and such. So he got these eyes.

Here's half-face-half-skull dude. Very, very cool model again. He's part of the Brotherhood warband.

Speaking of whom...

Aw yeah, done and done. :) Hope you like them!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts