·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Here my new project.

Some photos about the terrain ....

Ad some photos about the scene...

I'm starting to paint the minis, Eldar Saim-Hann scheme colors and Space Marine Imperial Fist colors

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I dont fancy the terminators chances. Looks like he's going to a great big sword cleaving him in 2.

Poses look very good. I assume the base in mounted on a display block you have taped up.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
I like it, but yeah, we need a more dynamic pose. Maybe if they were charging at each other.

I agree though, the painting is superb and the colours well chosen. I envy your ability to paint yellow!

Rev

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel that the poses let the model down somewhat though, they're a bit boring.

It looks more like a game of chess than an actual battle.
I like it, but yeah, we need a more dynamic pose. Maybe if they were charging at each other.
I think they are i n last pose before attach themself....

The first layer of paint, for both models, was made using airbrush....with Vallejo Game Colors ( Bloody Red and Gold Yellow)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi.

Some update about the base...

I've tried to add more "personality" to the duel...adding more rubble.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I like this idea; would look even better if the Terminator had a TH&SS...

Good work so far, love the base!

Seconds all my Maiden-fan friend says:eek:k:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't understand that people think painting yellow is hard. I find it pretty easy, though i almost never paint yellow.

Anyways, very crisp painting and cool bastion! I guess i am speaking for all of us: PAINT THE BASTION! PAINT THE BASTION!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I made a mistake...

Not satisfied with my Eldar WRAITHLORD basecoat red color I wanted to remove the previous coat of paint and...during the stripping...i 've broken the sword !.

So i've spend time to re-build the sword and redone the red basecoat....

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
looking great! its going to look good when finished, great idea, just like others make the poses more dynamic to set it off +rep

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Something is walking.....here some update after 2 hours os airbrush usage...(i'm a beginner....)

Some shots from the base:

And something Eldar.....for this i want to try the modulation tecnique using airbrush...starting with Vallejo Model Air Red Hull

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
THAT red is loads better man, but you gotta work on the Pose of the Wraithlord... it's lacking and boring in the most extreme way! I like the pose of the Termie when those LC's are put on, but that Wraithlord needs work!

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Really liking this so far...the Imperial Fist Terminator paint job looks really smooth...and you say you are just an airbrush beginner :shok:

I got one for Christmas but need to save for a decent compressor before I can use it. :(

Can't wait to see the finished article. +Rep.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the Imperial Fist Terminator paint job looks really smooth...and you say you are just an airbrush beginner
No, only the base color was done with the airbrush, for the remain works i've used a normal brush.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Adding more time to the base.....

I'll try to improve the "rusty" layer over metal (or supposed metal) objects and adding some shadow and highlight to the bricks....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts