Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning amigos, just a quick one really, If you have a unit of infantry within a bastion firing out the gunslits etc, not on the roof, do ignores cover weapons still ignore the bastion and hit the troops inside, or does being inside the Bastion protect them from the ignores cover rule?

Thanks in advance! :good:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
well if they are in the bastion they cant be targetd....they are treated just like being inside a vehicle...the only way they could be wounded would be by somebody sticking a flamer through the port hole.

if they were on the top they could be targeted and therefore yes ignores cover would work,.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yeah... stupidly Open Topped Vehicles provide a similar cover thing as well, that even if I bomb a Dark Eldar Raider with a Demo Cannon, all the guys inside the Open Topped walk out without being scratched. So yeah can't shoot people inside buildings and vehicles, unless they are "outside" the building like on a roof.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good, so does that come under the whole "Must be able to see what your shooting at" section of the rules? Im just wondering how to show someone this officially if/when it comes up.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Sounds good, so does that come under the whole "Must be able to see what your shooting at" section of the rules? Im just wondering how to show someone this officially if/when it comes up.
Cheers
i dont have my rule book on my for pages..
but look under vehicles/passengers...line of sight rules

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Sounds good, so does that come under the whole "Must be able to see what your shooting at" section of the rules?
Pg. 110 states that Buildings work almost exactly like Transports and then goes on to describe alterations in how they work on the table-top.

Fatmantis is right though, the only way you get to hit the people inside is via Template weapons and the No Escape rule. Since there isn't a cover save for being inside a building, Ignores Cover is irrelevant. Units on the top are in 'normal' cover and the Ignores Cover rule would negate any save offered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts