Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i'm new to 40k and i'm starting a small catachan force. :eek:k: :biggrin:

as i'm new i have no problem with the modelling/painting side, i have just never worked with bases before :blush: and so i was wondering if someone knows how to make cheap, effective and believable bases for catachans?

i was thinking jungle, or arid bases but i would like the feel of the bases to fit with the catachans, can anyone help?

cheers,
donkey

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
I'd base them "as normal"-- glue some sand to the base, paint the whole thing with Graveyard Earth, drybrush with Bleached Bone, and apply a couple patches of static grass using superglue once the paint's dry. Then, go to a pet store, and find some small plastic aquarium plants-- the smallest ones they've got are probably what you're after, and you may still have to cut 'em up a bit. Then, just glue those to the base to make jungle foliage. You may want to wash them with a blue or green wash to help make them look painted rather than just bare green injection-molded plastic, depending on the quality of what you get.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Will be quite similar in design I think. Having an excess of foliage just goes hand and hand with the later stages of tyranid infection.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks will do that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts