trukk

24 boyz and Nob w/ PK & BP

23 Boyz and Nob w/ PK & BP (Warboss)

Elites
12 Lootas, 3 meks w/ KMB

Fast Attack
4 Warbikers, 1 Warbiker Nob w/ PK & BP

Total 1501

I'm still pretty new to 40k. I usually play against space marines but I'm trying to come up with a balanced list that would be effective against anyone. Please let me know what you think.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The worry is with this is that you will have over half your troops not arriving to support the more expensive half of your army for a couple of turns.

I would personally drop the ard boyz as to be honest for the same points you spend on that upgrade you could buy the same squad twice (almost).

Also i have never been a fan of KMBs on loota squads as the range is poor and also minimises the effiecency of the squad as get hot is a real issue on a 6+ save, too many times has my meks died before making use.

By reducing your to 20 boyz and taking off the ard boyz you might want to consider battlewagons to help transport them across the board especailly for that nob squad as it seems like a large point sink only for the trukk to get ramshakled and lose your best units, and also for combat 20 boyz are always better than 12
also adding a deff rolla means steamrolling a few squads and tanks can always be full

·
Registered
648 Posts
More BW, your Boyz should all be meched up.

More Lootas for good fire support. BS2 KMBs you can get rid of.

Less expensive Nob unit, you don't need to be that killy. 5-7 wipe units just as good.

A cheap unit of Grotz is always a good addition for screening lootas and holding home objectives.

Buggies are dirt cheap mobile support for side shots with rokkitz or movement blocking.

·
Registered
670 Posts
No cybork body on your boss! Drop the eavy armour and replace, oh and a attack squig is a real help. Btw where is the boss going in your army?

Don#t put your expensive nobz in a weak trukk. Put them in a stronger battlewagon. Also if you lose a few nobz you can play wound allocation and get them to survive longer ;) A waaagh! banner is also useful on these guys btw.

Ard boyz are a waste of points just take normal boyz.

Cut all your boyz down to 20 per unit and drop the ard boyz and their trukk and the bikers too. Then give the boyz wagons along with the nobz and you've got a nice battle wagon rush ;) If you can try and squeeze in two units of 10 lootas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been reluctant to spend so many points on BWs... but, everyone (with much seems to think they're the way to go so I'll give 'em a try.

And yeah, I'll be dropping the 'ard boys. Great advice, Thanks all! (any more help is welcome)

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Trukks are only good if you feild around 8 of them at this point level. Then you can get most of your army across the board because most oppenents won't be able to kill all of them. If you are only going to have one and an expensive unit in that truck you are asking for trouble. The BW gives you way more protection and with the KFF inside that makes the BW a very tough nut to crack.
I personally would drop the 5 warbikes and the nobs and take 5 biker Nobs with a biker boss. Fill the BW with the Big Mek with a KFF and 20 Ard boyz with a NOb and now you have two hard units for your opponent to deal with. THe lootas don't need the meks at all, if you place them right the range of their guns means they don't have to move the whole game and can just wipe things off the board.
Rokkit buggies are a great cheap way to ruin a space marines day. Also big gun kannons are some great cheap fire power to add to the army as they can fire at troops or vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts