Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the legal requirements for fantasy now as I've been out of the loop for a little while I've looked on gw website and some of the models have circular bases and then the others have square bases.

Please help me out

Gothic

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
As far as I know in AoS bases are entirely ignored.

EDIT: GW is also in the process of re-releasing all of their previously square-based models with round/oval bases.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It's true that the AoS rules state that base sizes and shapes are ignored, but the first house rule that most gaming groups adopt is "measure from base".

Certainly all AoS organised tournaments so far have stated in their comp packs that models must be based appropriately. For example the Clash Comp rules included:-

Measure distances from the bases of models to each other.
Bases sizes allowed will be the ones models were supplied with or if you have rebased the model onto round/Oval bases then these must be sensible.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The guys running the South Coast GT (so far the biggest aos event with over 120 people going) put together a table for base size conversions

http://heelanhammer.com/scgt/

under the tournament pack document on page 5. Beyond that its pretty much which round bases that they rebox the models with.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to be building a death alliance and the battalions came with square bases

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.