Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am currently looking for ideas on base designs for my upcoming dark eldar models. Even if I dont buy them to play, I will be useing the dark eldar as a kind of paint / design project, over a gameplay tabletop project, atleast until I got a decent army I can use.

to further explain, I will be attempting my hand at making Elaborate bases for my whole DE army, I am looking for ideas on what to do. Blood, bodies, something warpish, etc. Anything you can feel would suit dark eldar in the slightest for elaborate bases, please do share.

Please note: I am looking for basic ideas, not elaborate ones, just looking for help brainstorming the bases out. I will ultimately be putting my own thought into exactly how I make the base, of coarse.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well for starters I would get your hands on some slate, you can paint them up to look like rocks and have your models in elevated positions. Another thing you could do is chop up a sprue of enemy warriors and glue them to the base. I would use burned grass and scorched earth for the bases, kind of a must have for dark elder (I assume) When the new box comes out it might even come with some stuff to stick on the base

Skar

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got plenty of slate, use it for my Warriors of chaos

enemy warriors... easy enough since Ill have them facing my wolves, and I got plenty of extras for my wolves.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
If your using wolves as dead bodies, you could use snow and blood ont he bases. The white will really emphasise blood splatters. Combined with the slate it would look rather distinctive and striking.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice idea Hukmat. Im still playing with ideas, but yeah, you guys are continueing to give me more and more ideas.

keep them coming folks. Dont feel the need to play on the ideas already stated to. I have an infinite amount of materials to use, give me anything that comes to mind when you think dark eldar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For some reason this thread made me think of slaves tied to the foot of a Eldar Wraithlord. Now I can't think of anything more suitable.

So uh. Yeah. Slaves at their feet~

edit: I was trying to think of Eldar units and decorations that have been twisted for use as base decorations, it wasn't just completely dumb.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lmao. the slaves might be on the raiders, if I can find some nice models to use.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks stella, your comment made the thread die! (not that there was much activity in the first place XD)

/bump

still looking for more ideas people!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would any Chaos stuff suit? Specifically Slaanesh-type base decorations...
well it would be... mixed results for useing chaos Slaanesh decorations.

Since they utterly LOATHE chaos and Slaanesh. But at the same time saying they are mearly entroching on enemy territory would work.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
/bump

still looking for more ideas for anyone willing to share

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I'd look into general urban basing themes. The Dark Eldar choose their battlefields, and they're not going anywhere there isn't a heavy population for them to traumatize or have a renewable pool of slaves from.

Depending on how you do it, you could also use guardsmen as basing material. The Dark Eldar models are in very dynamic poses, and you could easily model Dark Eldar warriors cutting down standing guardsmen on bases, doing acrobatic stuff over them, etc.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
/bump moar ideas people! lol

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
I would go for a cross between urban basing and undead/chaos wastes basing. Bear with me...

The artwork and mythos of the Dark Eldar would suggest, as said above, that they fight most battles in pursuit of slaves, etc, and so would be in areas that are urban/urban wastes. But also they often have skulls on sticks and corpses of victims strewn about them in pictures, so a general setting of urban wastes with a smattering of death and unpleasantness would do it for me. :)

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Chained and tortured models from all the races(except nids and necrons). Crucified marines, chained guardsmen,eldar,tau, sisters the whole lot.(Sisters could be difficult due to the lack of plastic models), even fantasy models could work in. You just have to get them to look like they are suffering.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts