Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a game just now and a few 'funny' things happened.

so I don't end up spaming the forum i'll parse them out.

First one: I had a unit of scouts in a trench with stealth, a failed pinning test making them go to ground for a 2+.

A barrage unit (biovore for the record) fired and landed all three templates right on my model all direct hits. now, my opponent (who had a7th edition rule book and I did not) said that since the barrage weapon had hit in the middle of the trench, so that there was no direct obstruction (say a wall) between the center of the template and any of my models, the trenches 4+ cover was negated since, as mentioned there was nothing between my scouts and the center of the blast, so I had only a 5+ cover (go to ground + stealth) save, needless to say I lost a lot of scouts.

my obvious question is, is that correct? did the barrage by virtue of not getting a wall between its center and my models, strip the cover away?

I think we were counting it as ruins and it was a GW trench with a bottom , so not just two walls with some guys in the middle (question still stands for that case I feel)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
my obvious question is, is that correct? did the barrage by virtue of not getting a wall between its center and my models, strip the cover away?
the barrage weapon counts cover from the center of the blast. if the trench does not give an hinernt cover just for being inside, then yes, it strip any cover. if however, the trench is treated like a ruin (where you get cover just for being inside), then you should be safe

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
ill need to double check this..but didnt they remove the area terrain rule in 7th..you need to be behind cover or not..there some exceptions to that i know

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
exceptions are ruins and moonscape / dead wood terrain
Also, i've checked: wall of martyrs are "Battlefield debris (defence lines)" so you do need to be actually covered to have cover saves. being inside has relevance to get the walls of martyrs special rules.

·
Registered
398 Posts
exceptions are ruins and moonscape / dead wood terrain
Also, i've checked: wall of martyrs are "Battlefield debris (defence lines)" so you do need to be actually covered to have cover saves. being inside has relevance to get the walls of martyrs special rules.
and craters and rubble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts