Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help because I'm really considering buying some Baneblades for my IG, whats your experience/opinion about them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
They're huge, powerful and attract firepower like almost nothing else.

They're a bloody laugh to use and face off against. In particular when they blow up.:biggrin:

The model is also fun to put together and you can do a lot of stuff to convert and personalise it. Only issue is that it's not the cheapest tank to buy.:unsure:

·
Registered
368 Posts
While i dont want one and oppose being told so, i have to give credit where its due. As superheavies come its pretty nice deal. Cheap compared to forge world ones, awesome to put together, lots of personalisation to be had and does fit quite well with the IG armies. Its got some serious firepower and is quite ruthless. You get two options within the box, standard long range baneblade (which is cool) or a up close hellhammer varient (sounds ok but not seen any of these around, dont know if people like em so much). And of course you get to use the enermous 10 inch template which is never a bad thing. Get it if you have a large IG force and think its all you need to further your army instead of basilisks or more troops or something else.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what i've heard so far i think i'll buy one or maybe more!:eek:k:

·
Registered
4 Posts
They're huge, powerful and attract firepower like almost nothing else.

They're a bloody laugh to use and face off against. In particular when they blow up.:biggrin:

The model is also fun to put together and you can do a lot of stuff to convert and personalise it. Only issue is that it's not the cheapest tank to buy.:unsure:
I went all out and picked up a Barbed Hierodule to add to my Mycetic Assault Storm force. Now that thing can kill a Baneblade like cake. For thoes w/o the Apoc. Book hes got 2x "hieodule Bio-cannon" that is St. 10 Ap. 3 and Assault 6, hes tougher than any Carnifex u can make and he 2wice as fast, at 700 pts u get a little critter that burns around and sends twelve St. 10 shots at your baneblade every turn. Its deadly :so_happy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Your tyranid model sounds pretty deadly definetly wouldn't want it within range of my baneblades, and also seems like it's more than worth it's points. I also don't think anyone i'll play will have one of those and if they do i'd be prepared for the destruction of my Baneblade:shok:

How did it cost?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Tyranid barbed heirodule is £85. Its a nice model but only has BS 3 which is pretty pants in my opinion. Still it has alot of wounds.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Heirodule model is beautiful.
Also, the only reason i'd get a baneblade is to use it as an ornamental centrepiece for an army.
They aren't practical for normal sized games, plus the transport issues etc...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
point 1. they deal out an absolute s**t load of fire in multiple directions. yes, they draw fire, but with front armour 14 and 3 structure points, they are a b***h to destroy.

i recommend getting one in a 2500 point army. that will bring it up to 3000 points, the smallest apocalypse force. it will also provide a massive firebase, and the ability to fire 9 weapons at the right range, incredibly devastating against any foe.

it is equipped with weapons capable of destroying anything.

for all those tough tanks (armour 14) there is the
demolisher str 10 large blast at 24 inches
two seperate lascannons at str 9 at 48 inches
both weapons capable of dismantling even the toughest of tanks.

for the heavy infantry and light vehicles
demolisher
lascannons
main battle cannon str 9? 10 inch blast
autocannon str 7 ap 2 48 inches

for light to heavy infantry
demolisher
lascannons
main battle cannon
autocannon
3x twin linked HB's str 5 heavy 3 (total of 9 twinlinked shots)
heavy stubber (optional) str 5 heavy 3 - good for the final straglers of a decimated squads.

if you want, i will do a short description of the hellhammer, if you're considering it. just ask me on this thread or PM me :wink:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
BS 3 still means that you have a 50% chance of hitting and with twelve shots thats 6 that at least should hit and judging if the front armor is 14 by the odds you should get 2 penetrating and a glancing. then you should destroy one of its structure points and do some thing else w/ the other penetrating and the glancing.

Now thats the odds and you could do better or worse than the odd, who knows?

Could you maybe give me a brief description of the hellhammer variant like the main gun?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
hellhammer

the hellhammer variant is a close range figher, most effective at 8 inches, although still dealing a lot of damage at 24 or even 36.

there are two different weapons on this when compared to the baneblade. the first is the hellhammer cannon. at range 36 str 10 ap1 7 inch blast, this cannon obliterates everything.

and instead of sponson mounted HB's it has twinlinked heavy flamers. obviously this tank of for the CoD style of apoc gaming.

its close range deadliness makes it and ideal tank for close quarter battles.

for your standard Apoc it is not such a great weapon, only moving 6 each turn makes it a very vunerable target, as 36 inches is nothing on an Apoc scale battle. a baneblade is much more suitable for apocalypse style battles

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I have three, two plastic and one resin. They are awesome models I must say.

Annnnd I'm likely to nab a fourth for use as an Ecclesiarchy Hellhammer variant...after seeing an excellent conversion done over on Age of Strife. O-o

Sister Sin
Hi, that would be mine. Still haven't finished it...maybe another week to go.
I had its points total verified by a few knowledgable people over the last couple of days, so am using it in an Apoc game this weekend...it should do well - lots of killy goodness.
I'm getting 2 more, so more converting on the way.
As far as using Super-Heavies..I think so long as both sides have them then it's a fair fight imo.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, that would be mine. Still haven't finished it...maybe another week to go.
Well hey there! Outstanding work I must say. I've begun sorting out how I'll work my own up. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm going to have a go at painting ecclesiastical murals along the sides; that space fair screams for them to my mind. I'm looking at black with white and a touch of red...rather like my Ebon Chalice army.

:) Keep up the excellent work!

Sister Sin

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
i know that the baneblade is HUGE compared to the other tanks, but i was expecting it to be even bigger, due to the fluff i have read on it.

now though, i suppose that if it had been much bigger, it would have cost too much to make each tank, and the price would have been higher.

soz, im rambling :)

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
i know that the baneblade is HUGE compared to the other tanks, but i was expecting it to be even bigger, due to the fluff i have read on it.

now though, i suppose that if it had been much bigger, it would have cost too much to make each tank, and the price would have been higher.

soz, im rambling :)
It is slightly bigger than the FW one, and if it was much bigger than it is already, I think it would be too cumbersome to use. I play CoD a hell of a lot, and our board has 18" wide roads, and we play Apoc on it as well.
Believe me, with a couple of Baneblades plus Titans, and tons of other models on the board as well, it gets very crowded, so I'm glad it's the size it is.
One Guy I play with thought it wasn't heavy enough for his liking, so he glued a small steel bar to the inside Hull...takes all kinds!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts