Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive always wanted to field a tank that is the "actual" size of what a Land Raider should be in regards to a marine. I was thinking of using a baneblade as my base and work my way up from there. I know the "land raider wouldnt look like an actual GW land raider but id try my hardest to get it as close as possible. My questions are 1) would people allow it? 2) How to make a front hatch? 3) which variant of land raider would be easiest do you think?

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I wouldn't have any issue with it. It is larger and easier to hit. The only thing I can see that would be a problem is the range of psychic powers and leadership effects for embarked units, as they are measured from the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I wouldn't have any issue with it. It is larger and easier to hit. The only thing I can see that would be a problem is the range of psychic powers and leadership effects for embarked units, as they are measured from the vehicle.
That would just be a trade off for you being able to shoot it or its limited movement on the table, (like on a board with tightly packed scenery and such.)

I would not have an issue playing against it because it really isn't going to be too overpowering due to size or the weapons or the armor value. On the contrary, it might only make it harder for you to field effectively due to its size. I would think it would be an equal trade off as far as that is concerned.

For modeling the front ramp, I would consider using two regular raider ramp parts trimmed to fit between the tracks and generous amounts of plasticard to fill in the blanks. If you want it to actually open and close, (like a normal raider model) that will require some more engineering on your part, but I see it as feasible. I like the idea, I hope you go forward with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts