Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, another one of those crazy projects. Pretty much all the Captains of the First Founding Chapters and their famous successors. The concept is simple, use plastic kits and GS to built them.

The Chapters are:

-Ultramarines
-Imperial Fist
-Blood Angels
-Space Wolves
-Salamanders
-White Scars
-Iron Hands
-Dark Angels
-Black Templars
-Crimson Fists

So here's what I have done so far.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
:victory: awsomeness!
I know feel completely inadiquit as a painter.
+ rep for greatness.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Excellent idea, and even better execution.

The BT guy is my favourite, he just screams BT through and through.

I want to get a similar effect of grandeur for my sternguard, but somehow i don't think i'll be getting anywhere near as good as these. Top notch work.

Cheers for the inspiration though:wink:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Impressive, Mrchaos. Simply impressive. Will be waiting to see how the others turn out for sure. Your painting skills are quite inspiring.

I'm planning a similar project, where I'll build a marine for every chapter/warband/ect I feel should have a spot in a display case as well as the 'heroes'. You've motivated me even further.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Some of them are pretty self explanatory as to who they are..(Lysander, Shrike, Dante, Sicarius, Khan..) But some of the character names elude me based off of the model. Maybe post the names with them so that people can see who they are supposed to be, then look at the model so they can be like "Ok, yeah. I see that." Rather than "Umm..is this this guy...or someone else..?" because..I was left in the dark on a few of them.

But I do love the models you've done. A man after my own heart. I do alot of custom characters for my army as well, because I just don't like the models they have for them ontop of the fact that I am playing a successor, so it doesn't feel right having, say, Dante and Meph models running around when I am not playing a bright red BA army.

I have been thinking about doing something along these lines myself, and now, I might just have to get started! +rep

·
Registered
176 Posts
+rep, great work. post more soon.

·
Registered
548 Posts
think everyone else has beaten me to the punch in saying that your work is awesome!

i love the use of the wings on the dark angel, and the cloak of the black templar is stunning. +rep for those particular bad-asses :grin:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Brilliant! My only complaint is that your green stuff capes are a bit thick, which on models of such detail as yours it really shows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bringing one of my subscribed threads back from the dead to see if there has been an update on this stunning project while I've been gone from the site? :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
very nice work sir

·
Registered
953 Posts
No painting of Logan Grimnar?

HERESY!

For that, only +3 Rep points for you sir!

Other than that? Great work, I like what you've done there!

Now get that Logan painted ASAP!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts