-4x rokkit launchas

10x trukk boyz 171
-burna, nob w/ power klaw and frag stikkbombz
-trukk w/ rokkit launcha, stikkbomb chucka

10x trukk boyz 168
-burna, nob w/ power klaw and frag stikkbombz
-trukk w/ rokkit launcha

looted basilisk 100

This list is obviously spawned by my love of speed and rokkit launchas. I've got three hard-hitting assault squads with an effective 20" charge (12" trukk + 2" disembark + 6" assault) and 15 rokkit launchas, not to mention the basilisk. Except for the few shootas in the flash gitz squads, every attack I'll be making has the capacity to deny MEQs their 3+ saves. Being that rokkit launchas have a 24" range and are assault weapons, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to keep them behind cover while still keeping enemies in sight.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
If you like speed and rokkits I'm ont sure why you didn't go for Kult of speed?
Anyway your off on your points for your boss by about 20 points. I would drop the mega blasta and the frag stikbombz from the boss and maybe give the NObs some gear.

Your also short on points for your flash gits. I personally would put a NOb with each squad.

Without the basilisk indirect fire the standard Leman russ I think would be a better choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
morfangdakka said:
If you like speed and rokkits I'm ont sure why you didn't go for Kult of speed?
Anyway your off on your points for your boss by about 20 points. I would drop the mega blasta and the frag stikbombz from the boss and maybe give the NObs some gear.

Your also short on points for your flash gits. I personally would put a NOb with each squad.

Without the basilisk indirect fire the standard Leman russ I think would be a better choice.
I considered kult of speed, but the only way I could fit that many rokkits is by using 'ard boyz (skarboyz are technically cheaper, but for a shooty squad I'll shell out 1 point for a 4+ save) with a rokkit trukk, and that's a bit more expensive than some flash gitz.

I updated the list before your reply, apparently instead of changing the warboss' gear I just added another line... it's been revised (and I was actually over by 3 points). Because this is a Bad Moons list, he received the Kustom Mega Blasta for free. Notice that I've modified him slightly. What would you suggest I add to the nobz mob that wouldn't involve cutting my flash glitz squads down even further?

I'm not short on points for flash gitz either. Why would you put a nob in with the flash gitz? They aren't supposed to get into combat, and I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a power klaw nob as a contingency plan.

The leman russ would run me over 40 points more, just for 2 more armor in the front and no open topped (at the expense of some tank hunting power). While these are nice upgrades, I like to keep it cheap. Its job is not to be a necessary portion in the army, it's there to post an immediate and unignorable threat and apply great pressure to the enemy. In order to free up 40 points I'd have to cripple or cut an entire squad.

Your suggestions are all good, but they cost points that I just don't have. One of the primary strengths of this list is the number of threats that it presents and removing an entire squad to beef up the rest not only reduces my firepower by lessens the threat count. If I had 1500 points to spend on this, I'd definitely implement almost all of your advice, but this list is for smaller games.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Sorry about the Kustome Mega-blasta I must have skipped over that part when I was reading the Bad moons entry. The only reason I said put a NOb with the Flash gits was to get an extra Rokkit or Big shoota in the squad. Since they are a shooting squad I wouldn't spend the points for a PK either.
I would say give the boss back his choppa so you can use all those attacks when he charges in with his nobs then if anything survices give them the PK.

I don't know if you have the points but stikkbomb chuckas on all the trukks would be good. It's fun to tank shock people with a little truck.

If you had 1500 points I would say get a battle wagon with 5 bolt on big shootas. Your reasons for this army are all good and valid so I hope you have fun and see how this list does.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
morfangdakka said:
Sorry about the Kustome Mega-blasta I must have skipped over that part when I was reading the Bad moons entry. The only reason I said put a NOb with the Flash gits was to get an extra Rokkit or Big shoota in the squad. Since they are a shooting squad I wouldn't spend the points for a PK either.
I would say give the boss back his choppa so you can use all those attacks when he charges in with his nobs then if anything survices give them the PK.

I don't know if you have the points but stikkbomb chuckas on all the trukks would be good. It's fun to tank shock people with a little truck.

If you had 1500 points I would say get a battle wagon with 5 bolt on big shootas. Your reasons for this army are all good and valid so I hope you have fun and see how this list does.
I hadn't considered adding a nob with weapons (I always forget they can take things that aren't power klaws!) but at this point I can get cheaper weapons by adding more squads instead, though it's definitely worth considerations. Perhaps in 1500 they'd get nobs with ammo runts. I don't know that I can give my boss back his choppa (and I damn sure will if I can) but I think the mega blasta might be mandatory.

I'm a big fan of big-shoota packin' battlewagons and I was actually considering them for this list, but I think just having one would make it a gigantic lascannon magnet. 1500 points though I'd definitely try one out (also I don't own a battlewagon :(

I do also love those stikkbomb chuckas. I actually added one to a trukk boyz mob when I did the other revisions. I had three points to kill, and the only thing more fun than using a wartrukk to keep a tactical squad from regrouping is to use a wartrukk to make a tactical squad fall back and then keep them from regrouping :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts