Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I have recently gotten back into Warhammer 40k, and am looking into making my first 1.5k point army, and decided it to be Chaos. I browsed the interwebs for quite some time, and stumbled upon here, and read up on a few of the lists presented. I haven't participated in any tournaments or the like, and only play against my family, and the only other armies present are Orks and Space Marines.

Here is my list so far, and appreciate any and all feedback :so_happy: :

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor
-Combi-Boltgun
-Power Sword
-Warlord
-Mark of Nurgle
Pts: 120

Daemon Prince
-Power Armour
-Wings
-of Khorne
-Axe of Blind Fury
Pts: 255

Chaos Cultists
Troop size: 19
Cultist Champion: 1
Total: 20
-Mark of Slaanesh
Pts: 110

Plague Marines
Troop size: 10
Plague Champion: 1
-Meltagun x2
-Mark of Nurgle
Champion has Combi-Flamer
Pts: 294

Noise Marines
Noise Champion: 1
-Sonic Blaster x10
Mark of Slaanesh
Champion has Plasma Pistol
Pts: 242

Heldrake
-Hades Autocannon
Pts: 170

Obliterator
Troop Size: 2
-Mark of Nurgle
Pts: 152

Obliterator
-Mark of Nurgle

Total Points: 1495/1500

Really appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you :)

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Hey all! I have recently gotten back into Warhammer 40k, and am looking into making my first 1.5k point army, and decided it to be Chaos. I browsed the interwebs for quite some time, and stumbled upon here, and read up on a few of the lists presented. I haven't participated in any tournaments or the like, and only play against my family, and the only other armies present are Orks and Space Marines.

Here is my list so far, and appreciate any and all feedback :so_happy: :

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor
-Combi-Boltgun
-Power Sword
-Warlord
-Mark of Nurgle
Pts: 120
Durable. Nothing wrong there. He doesn't really have a home... where do you plan to deploy him? He wouldn't go amiss with a Power Axe for a little more bite, since your 2+ will help you survive going last.

Daemon Prince
-Power Armour
-Wings
-of Khorne
-Axe of Blind Fury
Pts: 255
Have you considered the Black Mace? Because an MC gets automatic AP2 with its Smash, you can ignore the pesty AP4 the Mace normally gets, and get all of the benefits. It's usually the best loadout for a Daemon Prince. And you don't need to run Khorne to do it.

Chaos Cultists
Troop size: 19
Cultist Champion: 1
Total: 20
-Mark of Slaanesh
Pts: 110
Don't mark Cultists. They exist to be eaten, to throw wounds at things, or to sit on backfield objectives. No mark is worth it on them.

Plague Marines
Plague Champion: 1
-Meltagun x2
-Mark of Nurgle
Champion has Combi-Flamer
Pts: 294
You need some way to get these guys close enough to actually use the Flamer and the Meltas. Rhino?

Noise Marines
Noise Champion: 1
-Sonic Blaster x10
Mark of Slaanesh
Champion has Plasma Pistol
Pts: 242
Plasma pistols are usually a bad choice. Over costed, rarely fired. If you want a squad of Noise Marines to be that close, he should have a Doom Siren. Noise Marines, however, are better using Blastmasters, as many as you can run (you have 10, so two), supported by Sonic Blasters... the BMs are probably the best guns Chaos has.

Heldrake
-Hades Autocannon
Pts: 170
Anti MEQ? Love the Baleflamer. Be the baleflamer.

Obliterator
-Mark of Nurgle

Obliterator
-Mark of Nurgle
Solid. MoTz is almost as good with the improved 4++, but T5 is really nice as well.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Xabre's covered most of the points I would have mentioned. I would say you don't quite need 10 plague marines in a squad, since they're so tough. Drop 2 or 3 and you're still happy with a rock of a unit, plus some more points to spend.

There is indeed an official FAQ that decrees you can have 2 Blastmasters at 10 Noise Marines in the squad. Praise be! (for all that the ruling somewhat directly contradicts the codex, whose wording would need at least 11 to get 2 blastmasters).

I'd try to get the Burning Brand of Skalathrax on that lord, in addition to the suggestion of a power axe. Plus maybe meltabombs, if you have the points. Will he be joining the cultists, because if so, they make a nice set of ablative wounds for him that he makes Fearless. Also, then you can buy them 2 flamers to go with the Burning Brand for plenty of roasty toasty goodness.

The Black Mace really is that much better on a Daemon Prince than the AoBF. You still get the bonus D6 attacks, you have fleshbane which is better than +2 strength vs everything except tanks (which is what Smashing is for), the monstrous creature's attacks are at AP2, compensating for the main weakness of the mace (AP4), and you are able to get a better god-mark than Khorne (Slaanesh or Nurgle, I'd say). Warp, even the Cursed aura of doom is far wider around the DP's 60mm base than an infantry model's would normally by.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys! I tried it out in a game against Space Marines and I was pleased with the results. Only problem I have is...well I hate cultists. I am thinking that I will replace he cultist squad with a CSM squad with cc weapons or khornr berserkers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts