Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a Baal tank for Christmas for my new Blood Angels army and Im unsure how I should Arm it. Thinking Las cannons are never bad. But Ill be doing a 3 player narrative campaign and Ill be facing off against my friend who is a new nid player, and another who runs Deamons. Ideas?

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Well, if it's really a baal predator, you can only have an assault cannon or flamestorm cannon and heavy bolters or heavy flamer side sponsons. I suggest either Assault/Bolters or all the flames. Both clock in at 135. If, though, you mean a normal predator, I'd stick with the normal predator and either do a dakka pred (autocannon + heavy bolters for 95) or take lascannon sponsons for 115. You could take 3 lascannons for 140, but that's a bit steep for my taste.

If you're worried about tanks, you want an autolas pred, if you're facing swarms you want a fired-up baal, and if you're facing anything else then take the bolter side sponsons with the standard gun.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Well, if it's really a baal predator, you can only have an assault cannon or flamestorm cannon and heavy bolters or heavy flamer side sponsons. I suggest either Assault/Bolters or all the flames. Both clock in at 135. If, though, you mean a normal predator, I'd stick with the normal predator and either do a dakka pred (autocannon + heavy bolters for 95) or take lascannon sponsons for 115. You could take 3 lascannons for 140, but that's a bit steep for my taste.

If you're worried about tanks, you want an autolas pred, if you're facing swarms you want a fired-up baal, and if you're facing anything else then take the bolter side sponsons with the standard gun.
140pts for 3 lasccannons? That isn't bad at all. If you need the Antitank then there is very little that is equivalent. Stormraven? 200pts plus for a Lasccanon and Multimelta? In this edition, hp damage kills vehicles, rather than outright explodes (niche options work, though, namely AP1. ) AP2 has a chance, but mostly for each 1/6 penetrating hit chance you cause a HP damage. Unless it has 7 HPs and isn't Super Heavy you are more likely to cause the requisite HP in damage.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know why I thought I could have las cannons on it lol. I'm feeling like I might outfit it to take on hordes. I feel like maybe an assault canon with heavy bolters. I find flamers don't do much good on carnies

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Where do I find info on those?
Vas already explained that, but, the model itself is expensive from Forgeworld.
Really, this model is best kitted out to your preference. If, like me, you do not like flamers then run assault cannons and heavy bolters, I like that they have a far reach compared to templates.
Just make sure to build it to your personal specs.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Or, as ntaw said, use magnets if you're handy like that. I'm not as I don't spend nearly enough time on this, but it's definitely something worthwhile if you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.