Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Las Cannon & TL Plasma Gun

Votes: 5 16.7%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it yet. What do you BA players prefer and why?

I read something about BA and assault cannons, which seemed cool, i'm just more build to run TLLC and didn't know if that was appropriate.

·
Registered
500 Posts
For me it depends on who the passengers are. If it's for my Long Fangs it's the TLLC to support them with that bit more fire power, if it's for my smaller squad of GHs, it's the TLACs, to help make shit of any horde they come across.
He wanted to know how to outfit his BA razorbacks not some space puppies:angry:. Also I don't know a reason not to take a las cannon and a twin linked plasma cannon this can be take all comers.

·
Registered
620 Posts
With the list I had originally made, I needed the added anti-tank firepower so I had TL Lascannons. It really depends on what the rest of your army does or what is needed.

Overall, if i had to pick one, it would be the TL Assault Cannons

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
personaly tho i don't own a razorback (yet) i would eaither than one of the following.;
Assualt Cannons - Becuase it's kick ass and can kill/destroy anything as a Rending hit cna even destroy a landraider.
Las/Plasma - Becuase you now have 2 weapons that they have to destroy and both can toast tanks.
Heavy bolter - Ya.......only becuase it's free and there for the poor man.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Why no love for the old heavy flamer? Definately my favorite choice especially since its the most BA of the choices (Either meaning of BA works in this situation)

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Assault cannons are best in my opinion.

Why? Because it becomes very easy to have a ton of assault cannons in your list and there's nothing in the game that enjoys assault cannon fire. I typically run three Razorbacks with twin-linked assault cannons and two Baal Predators with twin-linked assault cannon turrets and heavy bolter sponsons. Add in two Rifleman Dreadnoughts for another 4 shots per turn and we're talking about an unholy amount of AP4 firepower.

Also, because BA Razorbacks are Fast it becomes easy to get in range of a good target early on in the game. There's very few places that the enemy can hide and a short-ranged weapon compliments the Blood Angels' style nicely.

·
4,491 Posts
Assault Cannon.

Im fairly sure than an Assault Cannon is actually more effective than a Lascannon against all armour values, as well as pumping out more shots for anti-infantry.

Personally, im not sure why anyone would take anything else. The Assault Cannon does everything that the other weapon options do, and it does them better.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Assault Cannon.

Im fairly sure than an Assault Cannon is actually more effective than a Lascannon against all armour values, as well as pumping out more shots for anti-infantry.

Personally, im not sure why anyone would take anything else. The Assault Cannon does everything that the other weapon options do, and it does them better.
The assualt cannon can't penetrate a land raider making it a pain in the arse sometimes.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
The assualt cannon can't penetrate a land raider making it a pain in the arse sometimes.
Actually, it can.

Strength 6 plus a roll of 6 for armor penetration = 12, plus a roll of 3 on a D3 = 15, which is enough to penetrate the Land Raider's armor.

I've done it a couple of times now. ^^

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
For BA is a big and important distinction from normal SM, since they're fast; this means you can move 6" and fire both the Las/Plas, or 12" and fire a single weapon.

For those reasons, the short-ish range of the Assault Cannon is pretty well negated; and the other ideal option is the Heavy Flamer I'd say, for the same reason.
It always depends upon your army composition, but an Assault Cannon never goes astray, it's a good solid weapon through and through, it can hurt anything short of a Monolith (bastards with their crazy armour).

·
4,491 Posts
It actually has a LOT better chance of penetrating a Land Raider than a Lascannon.

The TL Lascannon will score 0.15 glancing and 0.15 penetrating hits vs AV14.
The TL Assault Cannon will score 0.2 glancing and 0.2 penetrating hits vs AV14.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts